Russ Edwards School of Agriculture and Environment
Prairie Innovation Centre for Sustainable Agriculture
Salary: $88,853.63 - $113,421.84 (excluded)
About Assiniboine and the Russ Edwards School of Agriculture and Environment
Assiniboine has provided exceptional learning experiences that have been transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research for more than 60 years. Assiniboine has a long and dedicated history of delivering agricultural and environmental education throughout the province, with some of its longest-standing programs focused on agriculture and related training.
Assiniboine is excited to be growing its agriculture and environment programming to help address skills shortages in this key economic sector. Agriculture and food are large and growing areas of applied research at the college.
Within the Russ Edwards School of Agriculture and Environment, the Prairie Innovation Centre for Sustainable Agriculture is the college’s new cornerstone project to address critical labour shortages, advance applied research, and facilitate industry engagement. To date, Assiniboine has raised more than $17 million dollars through its Ag Belongs Here campaign.
About the Opportunity
Come be part of a growing team with an exceptional opportunity to shape the future of education and research in this vital sector. The Prairie Innovation Centre for Sustainable Agriculture which will triple the number of graduates to meet the labour needs in the agriculture, environment and manufacturing sectors. Brand new programs such as Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering Technology and Food Science Technology will augment our current and expanded program offerings.
We are seeking a dynamic and accomplished individual to serve as the inaugural Academic Chair of Manufacturing and Agricultural Processing Technologies, to lead the launch of new programs. As the Academic Chair, you will provide strategic leadership and oversee the development and implementation of academic programs, research initiatives, and industry collaborations.
Connaissances et compétences
- Demonstrated expertise and substantial experience in manufacturing and/or agricultural processing technologies, including familiarity with the latest industry trends, innovations, and emerging technologies.
- A strong record of achievements in an academic or industrial setting related to training and development in related areas.
- Proven leadership and management skills, with experience in academic administration and curriculum development an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills to effectively engage with faculty, students, industry partners, and the broader community.
- Ability to foster a diverse and inclusive academic environment that values equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Strong commitment to high-quality teaching, applied research, and community engagement.
- Experience in developing and maintaining industry partnerships and collaborations.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Leadership: Provide visionary and operational leadership to launch and advance new academic programs and applied research activities related to manufacturing and agricultural processing technologies.
- Curriculum Development: Lead the design, development, and review of innovative and relevant academic programs, courses, and curricula in collaboration with faculty members and industry experts.
- Research and Innovation: Foster a vibrant applied research environment, promoting collaborative and interdisciplinary research initiatives.
- Industry Collaboration: Develop and maintain strong partnerships with industry leaders, governmental agencies, and community organizations to enhance the relevance and impact of academic programs and research.
- Faculty Leadership: Recruit, develop, and mentor a diverse and talented faculty team, fostering their professional growth and promoting excellence in teaching and research.
- Grants and Funding: Proactively seek external funding opportunities and grants to support applied research activities, infrastructure development, and student initiatives.
- Student Engagement: Enhance student engagement through innovative teaching methods, experiential learning opportunities, and industry partnerships.
- Community Outreach: Engage with the local and global communities to promote awareness and understanding of manufacturing and agricultural processing technologies opportunities at Assiniboine and in the region.
- Degree in a relevant field, graduate degree preferred. Preference for Mechatronics or Robotics and Automation, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering, Food Science or a related discipline.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please visit our careers website: https://assiniboine.net/community/working-assiniboine/careers-assiniboine