Job ID 2159
Department Business, School
Full/Part Time Full Time
Location Peterborough, Ontario
Hours per Week 37.5
Salary Range $100,203.00 to $133,994.00
Date Posted 2020-06-24
Date Closed 2020-07-12
What Are We About?
Fleming is located in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes Region in Central Ontario... a beautiful place to live and work, surrounded by natural beauty and a mere 90 minutes north-east of Toronto. The College’s 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, including hundreds of international students from countries around the world, attend at campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton and Cobourg. Fleming offers more than 100 full-time programs in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Fine Arts, General Arts and Science, Technology, Skilled Trades, Community Development, Health, Business, and Justice as well as other Continuing Education courses.
We are also extremely proud of our more than 73,000 Fleming alumni who are contributing to their communities in the region, across the province and around the world.
What This Position is About:
Working collaboratively with the Dean, faculty and staff, the Chair develops and implements goals and objectives in alignment with the College’s Strategic and Academic Plan and is responsible for the providing academic leadership and management of the School’s day-to-day operations. The Chair provides leadership in academic processes, including new program development, program review, quality assurance, and external accreditation processes ensuring a focus on the needs of students and employers in the labour market. They also contribute to the development of the School budget and multi-year capital plan. The Chair is responsible for the organization and facilitation of Program Advisory Committee meetings and the implementation of outcomes. The Chair recruits, supervises, and develops full-time and contract faculty and provides leadership and direction for workload assignments of the School. Through exemplary leadership, engagement, mentoring, support and communication, the Chair models the values of responsiveness, innovation, collaboration, inclusiveness and accountability that are inherent in the Strategic plan. The Chair participates on various cross-College committees, in collaboration with the Dean, seeks out, and fosters partnerships with industry, the community and other educational institutions.
For More Information
For a complete job description, please refer to the document found here: Job Description
Explore what Fleming College has to offer and the beautiful communities we are surrounded by. Check out Life@Fleming.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline. A graduate level degree is preferred.
- 9 years' progressive, academic leadership experience combined with professional experience in the field or discipline.
- Relevant post-secondary teaching experience.
- Supervision of professional staff within a unionized setting
- Experience with design, development and delivery
- Ability to be nimble and problem solve operational challenges
- Open-minded, responsive and approachable with proven academic leadership abilities
- Strategic and innovative thinker with ability to connect the big picture to operations
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including mediation, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, budget and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and foster a collegial, collaborative work environment and empower direct reports
- Deep commitment to equity and diversity with demonstration of promoting a respectful and inclusive workplace environment
- Ability to promote a positive work environment through honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour consistent with Fleming’s core values
Please Note - Admin
In addition to the salary range listed above, you will be eligible for performance-based incentives, in accordance with the College’s administrative compensation program and practices.
How to Apply
Apply to a Fleming College position by going here: My Self Service > Recruiting > Careers or My Campus > Career Opportunities
To apply to Fleming College career opportunities please visit http://www.FlemingCollege.ca/Careers.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Fleming College is committed to building diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible learning and working environments. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our Staff, our Faculty and our Administration including, but not limited to, women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to apply.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities and commit to ensuring accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. To obtain a copy of this document in another format please e-mail HR@flemingcollege.ca.