Reporting to the Director General, the Academic Dean is responsible for all aspects of academic program administration at Cégep Heritage College, and within the existing administrative structures, for attaining the College’s academic objectives.
Connaissances et compétences
THE SKILLS NEEDED
A recognized leader with a collaborative approach to management, you value a student-centered philosophy of education, you understand the CEGEP system in the overall context of Quebec’s education system, you value curriculum development and possess a demonstrated commitment to formal quality assurance processes. You also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both in English and French, and a minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field. You motivate through model behaviour and respect, and influence through your actions. You are also committed to working with Indigenous and multicultural communities. Finally, you understand the role and challenges faced by our English-language college situated in the Outaouais region of Québec and in Canada’s National Capital Region.
Tâches et responsabilités
- is responsible for ensuring the quality of teaching and learning at the College;
- ensures the development of strategic planning for Academic Services;
- is responsible for the evaluation of teaching, student learning and programs;
- is in charge of management for human, material and financial resources related to teaching;
- assumes responsibility for the development and management of institutional academic policies;
- is responsible for the management (planning, organization, direction, control and evaluation) of all academic programs and departments and for the College’s academic matters;
- exercises the duties and powers of the Director General, on an interim basis, if the latter is absent or unable to act;
- is ex officio chair of the Academic Senate; and assumes all other duties and responsibilities assigned by College bylaw or policy or by resolution of the Board.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of teaching experience, preferably at the post-secondary level.
Minimum of five (5) years in education administration and leadership.
Other: Proficiency in English (spoken and written) and French (spoken and comprehension).
Interested candidates should submit their résumé, along with appropriate documentation ONLINE on our college website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/.
Click on the job posting, then click on "APPLY". You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates will be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.