Assistant to the Associate Dean and the ELI (ELI 41110)
English Language Institute
Faculty of Access, Language and Regional Campuses
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Pay Details: $27.81 per hour
Closing Date: September 25, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Support position (35 hours per week).
Tâches et responsabilités
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean, the incumbent provides a wide range of confidential administrative, organizational, and clerical support services to the Associate Dean of the English Language Institute (ELI), and to the programming under the Associate Dean’s supervision. Provides payroll and human resource support and assists with registration and program liaison duties. Provides excellent service to our customers including students, staff and community members. Provides back-up support to other areas of the campus and coordinates use of physical space.
- Post-secondary 2-year diploma in Office Administration, Business Studies or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience gained as a team player in a busy office environment with a customer service focus
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Experience using software applications products (e.g., word processing and spreadsheets), preferably in an educational setting
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE JOB BOARD ON THIS SITE. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe College website online application system. See information on how to apply below.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.