Portage College has an exciting new opportunity for an Associate Dean. In collaboration with the Dean, the Associate Dean will primarily collaborate with College senior leadership with the intention to generate economic growth. Additionally, the Associate Dean will provide leadership to program areas in the division by providing day-to-day leadership for programs ensuring they align with the College academic plans.
Connaissances et compétences
- The successful applicant must have a business mind and entrepreneurial spirit to help develop and grow programs.
- Ability to write proposals and grants applications.
- A minimum of three years in a management position.
- Budget management experience and a demonstrated ability to support program and business strategies through financially sound business plans.
- Strong background in curriculum, quality assurance, or program development.
- Strategic leadership skills and the ability to influence, negotiate and develop relationships built on trust and exemplary conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the implications of serving a diverse, multilingual student population.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to find innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience working and managing a unionized environment.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make and communicate difficult decisions.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Provide academic and administrative leadership to the program coordinators, faculty and administrative support staff ensuring that programs meet the needs of our diverse student body.
- Make and support operational decisions related to services to students, staff, program timetabling, and workload assignments for program areas in the division.
- Maintain the quality, academic integrity and feasibility of all programs offered by the Faculty through the review of curriculum against emerging industry trends, professional standards and accreditation expectations as well as the development of new program initiatives to address the long-term skills and competency needs of students as entry-level professionals.
- Manage a variety of budgets, financial forecasts and reports and develop/oversee various financial models for revenue generation.
- Work with external stakeholders to forge partnerships and other relations which serve College interests.
- Manage change in an inclusive and collaborative manner to achieve specific academic objectives, enrollment targets and quality goals.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Manage a unionized professional team, the incumbent must be able to function within the context of collective agreements and promote an environment of mutual respect, fairness, and equity.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and to building high performance teams focused on quality and value for students.
- The incumbent must be able to use a wide range of conflict resolution processes for handling disputes involving faculty, staff and/or students.
- Analyze business opportunities prioritizing them according to their potential for increasing revenues and profitability in support of the College’s strategic plan.
- Develop, direct and negotiates a wide range of contracts and programs through the establishment of strategic alliances and partnerships with federal, provincial and municipal governments, community agencies and other colleges.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth in understanding the issues facing program areas and impact to curriculum delivery.
A master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
Portage College has been serving the region for 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Management Employment Group, you will have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days, participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.