Reporting to the Dean International, the incumbent is responsible for the leadership, management and administration of Humber’s International Student Admissions and Services at both the Lakeshore and North campuses in addition to Humber’s new International Graduate School. The Associate Director works closely with the colleagues inside Humber International and throughout Humber including the Academic Faculties, the Registrar’s Office, Institutional Analysis and the Division of Student Affairs.
Connaissances et compétences
- Seven years of direct post-secondary experience, ideally with a background in international student admissions and provision of international student service
- Superior intercultural skills
- At least five years of experience in a management position
- Strong working knowledge of the Ontario college sector
- Knowledge of current strategic international enrolment management and customer service practices earned from direct application in a post-secondary setting
- Strong applied knowledge of international student admission practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of international student support practices, in particular, immigration advising and support
- Advanced technical abilities, including superior MS-Office 365 skills
- Fluency in a specific second language other than English considered an asset. Languages considered include Hindi, Punjabi, Mandarin, Arabic, Farsi, Russian, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Bahasa, Spanish or Portuguese
Tâches et responsabilités
He/she leads a large, multi-functional team that is responsible for the achievement of Humber’s international enrollment goals through the development and implementation of the admission process for all international applicants. He/she also leads the team providing a suite of specialized services to Humber’s 6000+ international students. The incumbent is responsible for the development of partnerships with other service departments and academic leaders within Humber to ensure the needs of International Students are met.
- Four-year Degree in Business Administration or International Relations considered a minimum requirement. Master’s degree preferred.
Please submit your application through the Humber careers portal.