le Sep 21, 2022
$155,000 - 194,000
Apply online at:
Heures par semaine
Date de fermeture
Corporate Development, Applied Research and International (CDARI) is SAIT’s face to industry. Our instructors and staff are passionate about student and instructor success, in an environment that values applied academic excellence, teamwork, collaboration and driving innovation. Our non-credit courses are aligned to industry and designed to meet the needs of employers today and in the future.
The division centralizes and supports industry clients to develop customized non-credit corporate training for their employees and take their innovative product and process ideas to market locally, nationally and internationally. Within CDARI sits a number of support functions including Business Operations, Continuing Education, International, Corporate Training, Applied Research, and Business Intelligence.
The Associate Vice-President, Corporate Development, Applied Research & International (AVP, CDAR&I) role reports directly to the Vice President, CDAR&I. The role will be responsible for overseeing and leading the for-profit business development and related support functional areas of CDAR&I, including but not limited to Corporate Training Domestic and International, Continuing Education and Professional Services, Business Support Services and Indigenous supports.
As a senior manager, the AVP will ensure the achievement of goals by developing key relations both within the institution and with key partners external to SAIT.
Connaissances et compétences
- 10 Years directly related experience, and 5 years in a leadership position.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change through a proactive and strategic approach and to be decisive while executing on strategy.
- Proven ability to understand system dynamics to build a strong, functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate activity and follow through on commitments, bring closure to initiative and manage several time-sensitive tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively across a broad spectrum of interests and levels within SAIT.
- Exceptional communication skills with strong listening skills; able to influence in order to drive change and achieve business outcomes.
- Critical thinker and problem solver; strong analytical skills.
- Strong service orientation.
- Demonstrated accountability and commitment and strong organizational and leadership skills.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Through accurate business and strategic planning, create an effective business development strategy for the division, and take an effective approach to risk management.
- Lead and oversee development and implementation of an Indigenous strategy for the division, which compliments SAIT’s Indigenous strategy and efforts.
- Work collaboratively with SAIT Executive and senior management to progress institutional strategic initiatives through continuous improvement.
- Ensure programing and training is high quality and aligned to the current and emerging needs of students/clients and industry.
- Develop a strong program for growth of international project initiatives and enrollment, utilizing effective data reporting structures to analyze, capture and assess data for market opportunities.
- Accountable for the financial management of the Business Development units, including budgeting, forecasting and earned revenue growth.
- Ensure strong governance and adherence to policies and risk management around all business development related initiatives.
- Foster collaboration and develop strategic relationships with external local, national and international stakeholders.
- Lead oversight of all related business unit student services and supports in collaboration with Learner and Academic services, Office of the Registrar, and schools.
- Develop internal partnerships to support investigation, analysis and recommendation of new opportunities.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the operation of an effective Business Development Group from sales to product development to delivery.
- Master’s Degree; preferably in Higher Education.
Please apply directly through SAIT's career page. https://jobs.lever.co/sait/d567f0fb-3a11-49d8-95e2-05e0f44483b5