Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada's leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
Associate Vice President Educational Services
Office of the President
Vice President Education
The Associate Vice President Educational Services (AVPES) is responsible for assisting the Vice President, Academic (VPA) in supporting the educational mandate of the College. Under the direction of the VPA, the AVPES will have a leadership role related to labour issues, annual programming planning and review, enrolment management and academic policies and regulations. In some cases, the VPA will empower the AVPES to act on behalf of the office of the VPA.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree required; Doctorate or equivalent degree in a discipline represented in the College is preferred. Minimum ten years in post-secondary education including a minimum of five years in administration at the Dean or Director level.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan and think strategically at a senior level
- Ability to work collegially and consultatively with employees, unions/associations, and industry and community contacts and partners
- Ability to strategically maximize resources in pursuit of College goals and mission
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of budgetary processes
Exempt - Continuing Full-time
Appointment Start Date:
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
Range $124,506 to $190,910. Typical Hiring Range $149,409 - $166,009.
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.