KPU is seeking an Associate Vice President, Teaching and Learning. This position oversees employees in the Teaching and Learning Commons and supports the University’s focus on providing teaching and learning initiatives, educational development of faculty, learning technologies, flexible learning, and the institutional coordination of Academic Integrity and Prior Learning Assessment with a continuous focus on student success.
This position reports to the Provost and Vice President Academic and will play a leadership role in achieving the vision of the University as “innovative, transformative and ambitious” in its teaching and learning by working with other University leaders, faculty and professional staff to plan, implement, evaluate and continually enhance KPU’s learning and teaching environment.
Want to know more?
Please visit our website to view the job description for the role of Associate Vice President Teaching and Learning.
Connaissances et compétences
Who are we looking for?
- Someone to lead the development of an institutional Teaching and Learning strategy that sets out the vision for the provision of academic support services for faculty that are aligned with identified strategic teaching and learning priorities.
- Someone to provide leadership and guidance in the implementation of innovative, cutting edge, research-informed teaching and learning approaches; the evaluation of teaching and learning effectiveness; and the assessment of teaching and learning practices.
- Leadership in the exploration and acquisition of learning technologies which support teaching and learning priorities and best practices in the classroom.
- Someone to support the growth and development of Continuing and Professional Studies at KPU.
- Someone to support and coordinate University wide initiatives in Academic Integrity and PLA.
- Someone to ensure that teaching and learning activities are carried out in a manner that achieves the objectives established in VISION 2023 and Academic Plan 2023.
- Someone to create a supportive learning environment in which to explore teaching practice and reflect upon a range of contemporary instructional issues.
- Someone to ensure that effective supports are in place for faculty and curriculum-related requirements that supports the University’s academic mission and priorities.
- Someone to serve as the University’s primary liaison with the B.C. Teaching and Learning Council to leverage and contribute to their activities.
- Someone to represent KPU on special initiatives or task forces as directed by the Provost. Attend and work with the Senate Teaching and Learning Committee, and act as a representative on various academic and University administration committees.
- Someone who will contribute to effective employee and labour relations by administering the collective agreement(s), representing management in the grievance process and consulting with Human Resources Services regarding collective agreement interpretation, as appropriate.
- Someone who contributes to and promotes a safe, respectful, and inclusive work environment by adhering to University policies and procedures and completing mandatory training programs.
What education & experience should you have?
- PhD or EdD in a relevant field preferred.
- A combination of University faculty and progressive leadership/administrative experience in a University setting.
- Direct supervisory experience of unionized and excluded staff is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with faculty in seconded positions.
Ready to Apply?
To indicate your interest in available positions, please click the following email link which will pre-fill information necessary to process your application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a current resume or CV as well as photocopies of post-secondary transcripts.
For inquiries or recommendations related to this position, please contact:
Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner