Comptroller, Finance & Administration
This senior position is accountable for the overall leadership, strategic direction, and management of the Finance portfolio providing oversight and direction to the financial and support functions of the College.
The Comptroller has significant accountability to ensure that College resources are managed responsibly, to ensure the financial sustainability of the College and to ensure integrity of the financial processes and planning systems of the College.
This position also provides leadership and oversight for the revenue-generating services such as parking, campus store, print shop and campus living as well as the procurement function within the College for strategic sourcing, logistics and distribution, purchasing, records and contract management.
- Management of college-wide policies and procedures, ensuring the integrity of the College’s financial processing and planning systems including the budget process, the external financial statement preparation process and internal management reporting.
- Work collaboratively with other senior leaders to contribute to the overall leadership, strategic direction and vision of the College and specifically, to the Finance and Administration portfolio.
- Actively and collaboratively participates in routine and ad-hoc committees to provide solid advice and support from a financial and sustainability perspective.
- Professional Accounting designation and an undergraduate degree in Finance or Business Administration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, familiarity with CRA rules and regulations (applicable to educational and charitable organizations), capital and cash flow planning, investment terminology and practice.
- Extensive experience with overseeing budgeting processes of a comprehensive multi-tiered and decentralized nature.
- Extensive experience in preparation and presentation of financial results for a multitude of audiences.
- Extensive experience leading all facets of financial management.
- Possess a leadership style that combines a capacity for strategic vision, financial planning and fiscal responsibility.
- Ability to integrate and lead diverse portfolios into a cohesive strategy that supports the overall strategic goals of the College.
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse senior team at the strategic and operational levels, inspiring innovative and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Ability to lead and work through complex issues and to make and effectively communicate difficult decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build and sustain positive, collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Exemplifies the values and ethics of Red River College.
- Experience building a respectful workplace culture that promotes diversity, learning and continuous improvement.
- Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- Experience in a post-secondary institution or an organization of comparable complexity.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
SALARY RANGE: $144,042- $187,258 PER ANNUM | COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020-157
CLOSING DATE: November 23, 2020 | Apply to Red River College by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We seek diversity in our workplace. Indigenous persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.