Northwestern Polytechnic (formerly GPRC) is committed to student success, academic excellence, the polytechnic plus evolution, and being responsive to our community and industry stakeholders. The designation as a Polytechnic Institution in 2021 and the Alberta 2030: Building Skills for Jobs provincial strategic plan for post-secondary education provide Northwestern Polytechnic (formerly GPRC) with an exceptional opportunity to support the vision contained in Alberta 2030.
We currently offer Computer Systems Technology Certificate, Computer Systems Technology Diploma, and Bachelor of Computing Science University Transfer programs. Our proposal to offer a Bachelor of Computing Science degree with a specialization in AI and ML is currently under review by Campus Alberta Quality Council.
Connaissances et compétences
Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
- Candidates must be able to apply different instructional strategies to meet the needs of students with different learning styles;
- Knowledge of GPRC courses and current educational technologies commonly found in classrooms (e.g., videoconferencing, zoom, D2L) are desired;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Student Focused;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization; and
- A high level of integrity, professionalism and accountability.
Tâches et responsabilités
We are looking for 2 tenure track instructors and 1 sessional instructor to teach across all programs, help develop Year 3 and 4 courses in Northwestern Polytechnic's (formerly GPRC) degree program, and make GPRC’s Bachelor of Computing Science degree one of the most sought after programs in western Canada polytechnic education. We have two tenure track instructors to join our computing science team. We have recently renovated and upgraded our robotics laboratory and computing science labs, providing an innovative learning environment for faculty & students.
The successful candidate will have a Doctorate in Computing Science and directly related experience.
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically via the GPRC website will be considered.
Upon submission of CVs, please also include:
- a cover letter;
- reference list;
- a copy of unofficial academic transcripts; and
- a teaching philosophy statement.
All job postings close at 11:59pm on the specified posting date.
We review all applications to select candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For general inquiries, please contact HR at email@example.com.
Thank you for applying to Northwestern Polytechnic (formerly GPRC)!