Portage College has an exciting new opportunity for a Dean of Career Programs. Reporting to the Vice President, Academic & Research, the Dean has the major responsibility for providing leadership to the community social work, educational assistant and early learning & childcare, environmental technologist, and business programs. The incumbent facilitates and is responsible for program development, planning, administration, and
evaluation within these programs.
The Dean uses a collaborative and integrated approach while working closely with regulatory bodies, industry, Indigenous communities, all levels of government, and other postsecondary institutions to ensure program relevance, transferability, and overall growth and success.
Connaissances et compétences
- A minimum of three years in a management position.
- Knowledge of Post-Secondary or Higher Education Systems.
- Background and knowledge of competency-based health programs, approval and accreditations; and the legislations related to these programs.
- Budget management experience and a demonstrated ability to support program and business strategies through financially sound business plans.
- Strategic leadership skills and the ability to influence, negotiate and develop relationships built on trust and exemplary conflict management skills.
- Experience managing projects from inception through to completion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to find innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience working and managing a unionized environment.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make and communicate difficult decisions.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Provide academic and administrative leadership to the program coordinators, faculty and administrative support staff ensuring that programs meet the needs of our diverse student body.
- Oversee and reconcile budgets for all programs, and contribute to the overall College budget review process.
- Maintain the quality, academic integrity and feasibility of all programs offered by the faculty through the review of curriculum against emerging industry trends, professional standards and accreditation expectations as well as the development of new program initiatives to address the long-term skills and competency needs of students as entry-level professionals.
- Manage a unionized professional team, the incumbent must be able to function within the context of collective agreements and promote an environment of mutual respect, fairness and equity.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and to building high performance teams focused on quality and value for students.
- Manage change in an inclusive and collaborative manner to achieve specific academic objectives, enrollment targets and quality goals.
- The incumbent must be able to use a wide range of conflict resolution processes for handling disputes involving faculty, staff and/or students.
- Analyze business opportunities prioritizing them according to their potential for increasing revenues and profitability in support of the College’s strategic plan.
- Develop, direct and negotiates a wide range of contracts and programs through the establishment of strategic alliances and partnerships with federal, provincial and municipal governments, community agencies and other colleges.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth in understanding the issues facing program areas and impact to curriculum delivery.
- A doctorate degree in a relevant discipline is preferred but will consider a master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.