The Organization: Langara College
Located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Langara College started in 1965 as part of Vancouver City College and in 1970, opened its West 49th Avenue campus. Today, Langara is one of BC's leading undergraduate institutions providing University Studies, Career Studies, and Continuing Studies programs and courses to more than 21,000 students annually.
Offering a breadth of accessible, high-quality programming as well as comprehensive student and employee support services, Langara provides experiential learning opportunities to help students achieve their personal, career, and educational goals. With over 130 credentials to choose from, including online courses, co-operative education, and degree partnerships, Langara provides an opportunity to its students to live unique, real-world experiences that equip them to succeed at work or further post-secondary study.
To learn more, please visit Langara’s website.
The Opportunity: Dean, Faculty of Science
The Dean is the senior academic leader and manager for the Faculty of Science. Reporting to the Provost and Vice-President Academic and Students, the Dean provides strategic leadership for a mix of career, university transfer, post-degree credentials and baccalaureate programs in the Faculty and promotes and supports activities that advance teaching and learning, as well as emerging scholarship and applied research activities within the area.
The Dean leads the faculty, staff and students in articulating a shared vision, mission and goals for the Faculty. Working with Langara’s various academic units as well as its numerous support areas that are important to the effective functioning of the College, the Dean helps to foster a collaborative environment across the campus community.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Doctoral degree preferred; minimum of a Master’s degree in addition to considerable experience in a senior administrative capacity in post-secondary education or another relevant sector. Previous teaching experience is essential. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Appreciation for the complexity of post-secondary education;
- Experience in strategic planning;
- Experience in the development and implementation of operational plans;
- Proven track record of curriculum development, including applied baccalaureate degrees and post-degree credentials;
- Understanding of the principles and practices of program review and renewal;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic enrolment management;
- Demonstrated interest in management of and/or participation in scholarship and applied research;
- Considerable knowledge of and experience with budgetary processes, including the development and administration of budgets;
- Working knowledge of and experience with the administration of collective agreements;
- Experience in international education and in alternative modes of teaching and learning.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Nicholas Lay or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422