Keyano College is a comprehensive community institution in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Stretching from north-central Alberta to the borders of Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories, Wood Buffalo is one of the largest municipalities in Canada. Keyano College meets both the training and skills acquisition needs of industry, and the personal enrichment and cultural needs of the Wood Buffalo community. The College provides lifelong, relevant, and practical learning opportunities and is committed to increasing access to post-secondary programs.
Keyano College’s School of Industrial Trades & Technology is currently seeking a Dean, Industrial Trades & Technology. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and innovative educational manager to assume this important administrative position. The Divisional portfolio includes apprenticeship and pre-employment programs, power engineering and engineering technology programming, as well as Industrial training. In addition, the Division is a leader in providing workforce development training in partnership with the oil sands industries and other local employers.
Connaissances et compétences
- Ability to develop and foster an atmosphere of trust, support, creativity, and innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking and presentations.
- Proven success in team building and collaboration through the use of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior ability to plan, analyze, and manage projects, budgets, and day-to-day operations.
- Experience in a non-profit or industry training setting would be a definite asset.
- Work experience in a Northern community would also be considered advantageous.
Tâches et responsabilités
Reporting to the Vice President, Academic, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall educational and business management of the Division; industry, government, post-secondary and other institutions liaison, personnel selection, development and evaluation; operating and capital budgets, and strategic planning.
- A relevant graduate degree is required (e.g., Master of Education, Master of Business Administration) Or Bachelor’s Degree with a Journeyperson Certification with Red Seal, or Engineering related credentials.
- Minimum five years’ relevant experience, extensive leadership experience managing budgets, supervising staff, developing strategic plans, and leading change.
Apply online at Keyano College website