Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) is a comprehensive community institution, established in 1966 in Grande Prairie. Our stewardship region includes campuses in Fairview and Grande Prairie. GPRC offers a wide variety of credit and non-credit career certificates and diplomas, pre-employment and apprenticeship trades, university transfer studies, and several opportunities for on-campus degree completion through collaborations with four-year universities. As an educational facility in northwestern Alberta, GPRC helps meet the cultural, recreational, athletic and conferencing needs of the region in partnership with community and regional stakeholders. GPRC is dedicated to providing learners with access to high quality and diverse lifelong learning opportunities, and to the responsible educational, fiscal and environmental stewardship of resources.
The Director contributes to the strategic leadership at the College level for academic matters related to degree granting, program review, and excellence in teaching and learning. The Director is responsible for managing the development and submission of new academic programs by collaborating with academic departments, completing ministerial and accreditation documents, and coordinating internal processes through Academic Council. This position is responsible for developing and implementing a robust program review process to support academic excellence and sustainable, quality programming that meets regional demands. The Director provides leadership to the Centre of Teaching and Learning by promoting excellence in teaching and creation of meaningful learning experiences for students.
Connaissances et compétences
Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
• Knowledge and awareness of curriculum development
• Knowledge and awareness of Campus Alberta Quality Council (CAQC), Ministry of Advanced Education, Provider and Program Registry System (PAPRS), and regulatory/accreditation requirements
• Demonstrated superior writing and editing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other individuals, departments, and administrative areas
• Demonstrated influential effectiveness in leadership and change management
• Demonstrated ability to use appropriate technology in all planning.
• proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• ability to build strong relationships across the organization; and
• a high level of integrity, professionalism and accountability.
Tâches et responsabilités
• Leads and coordinates the preparation of institutional level documents for the Campus Alberta Quality Council (CAQC), Ministry of Advanced Education, Provider and Program Registry System (PAPRS), and various regulatory/accreditation bodies.
• Collaborates with other senior leaders, faculty, staff, and students to evaluate, choose, and implement changes to policies, structures, and processes, in support of degree granting.
• Consults with the Programs Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Campus Alberta Quality Council on matters related to program development and program quality assurance.
• Coordinates program review committee with Vice-President Academic and Research.
• Leads and coordinates the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL).
• Actively supports a culture of student centrism and lifelong learning.
The successful candidate will have a Master's Degree and 7 years experience.
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered.
To apply, go to http://www.gprc.ab.ca/careers and select the job posting. All job postings close at 11:59pm on the specified posting date.
We review all applications to select candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For general inquiries, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying to GPRC!