Energy Coordinator (FCO 41041)
Facilities Operations and Sustainability
Facilities Management and Community Safety
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position is subject to averaging of hours.
Pay Details: $41.12 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Support position (35 hours per week).
Tâches et responsabilités
Duties: Under the general direction of the Senior Manager, the incumbent provides GHG and Energy services by investigating, implementing, managing and monitoring all activities associated with operations, construction, renovations and maintenance projects at all locations of Fanshawe College including: energy conservation and sustainability initiatives, Class A peak shedding, Demand Response, capital building expansions and renovations, facilities infrastructure and deferred maintenance renewal projects, minor and major equipment installations, and other renovation and equipment installation requests. The incumbent plays a lead role in the recommendation of GHG/energy conservation and sustainability initiatives under the direction of the Senior Manager.
- Post-secondary 3-year CAAT diploma/degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Building Technology or related field OR Engineering degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation required
- Registered Specification Writer (RSW) or Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) from Construction Specifications Canada (CSC), LEED AP and Project Management Professional (PMP) designations are assets
- Minimum 5 years’ practical experience in sustainability and energy management including the planning, implementation and management of sustainability and energy efficiency improvement projects and conservation measures in a college, university, hospital or other comparable facility (Class A or ICI management included)
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles, processes and practices of energy management, measurement, performance and efficiency
- Sound knowledge of economic analysis tools (Life-cycle cost analysis, ROI, NPV, payback, total cost of ownership)
- In-depth knowledge of building science, building systems and building automation systems (Delta)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective organization, planning, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in report writing and in using MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- Extensive knowledge of project management practices including the development and scheduling of construction projects
- Demand Response, ICI Class A electrical coordination experience preferred
- Practical experience working for an architect, mechanical and/or electrical engineer, contractor or large corporation with experience in: Performing the work involved with development of building design, renovations, building systems, and project management; AutoCAD in a building design environment with experience with the most recent version preferred (previous version minimum)
- Practical experience with FIMS database (Vision FM and VFA Facility) is an asset
- Intermittent travel between all campus locations required
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
IMPORTANT: DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE JOB BOARD ON THIS SITE. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe College website online application system. See information on how to apply below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.