A comprehensive community institution, established in 1966, Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) is seeking an experienced, dynamic HR Business Partner to join our growing HR team. We provide excellent opportunities to collaborate with key business partners and for professional growth.
Located in North Western Alberta, Grande Prairie, the heart of the Peace Region, is one of Alberta’s fastest growing cities. From its expansive 30 km of river valley trails to state-of-the-art city amenities; a plethora of nearby outdoor recreational experiences or shopping local and dining, we have just what you are looking for!
Here at GPRC, we are on the cusp of an exciting and evolving advanced education landscape; looking to leverage our newly implemented 5 GPRC Strategic Plan to inspire our students, faculty, staff, alumni and community partners to foster innovative thinking to support students for a future of innovation and success as Alberta’s northern centre of post-secondary excellence.
As the post-secondary centre of excellence in Northern Alberta, GPRC offers lifelong learning opportunities through professional development and wellness programs, a competitive salary and compensation package and a student-centered culture that is vital to our community. Join our team, grow with us and connect your skills and abilities to our educational excellence, leadership, and spirit of service and professionalism.
Connaissances et compétences
As well, an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
- 5 years in an HR Generalist, Advisor, or Labour Relations Specialist role is required.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) – Preferred
- Canadian Compensation Professional (CCP) – Considered an asset
- Registered Professional Recruiter Designation (RPR) – Considered an asset
- Public sector experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; demonstrated ability with other HRIS software is preferred.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization.
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality, professionalism, and accountability.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Provides interpretation, technical expertise and consultative services to leaders, staff and faculty regarding human resources requirements, terms and conditions of employment, and collective agreements.
- Liaises with Unions and the Association and responds to issues/concerns on behalf of Management.
- Conducts research and surveys other organizations/institutions, and presents recommendations to Management.
- Collaborates with client groups to assist in the development of people plans that align with 5 GPRC and the strategic and operational plans for their department. This may include process improvement, reorganization of job duties/positions, development of training and succession plans, assessing skills of employees/work teams and evaluating performance requirements.
- Consults regarding recruitment processes (includes developing interview tools and assessments, participating on selection panels, completing reference checks) as required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce or Human Resources.
As well, an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.gprc.ab.ca/careers and select the job posting.
We review all applications to select candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For general inquiries, please contact HR at email@example.com.
Thank you for applying to GPRC!