Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources the Human Resources Generalist is the first point of contact for employees and managers at CICan. The incumbent is responsible for providing proactive, responsive and accurate human resources expertise in all day to day operations including, full cycle recruitment and selection, employee and labour relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, maintaining of HRIS records and processing bi-weekly pay. The Human Resources Generalist will assist in developing and maintaining policies, will research and recommend updates to improve existing programs, and will work on projects as assigned.
Connaissances et compétences
- Demonstrated knowledge of Employment Standards Act (ESA).
- Financial/accounting skills especially as they apply to the payroll system.
- Ability to work with tact and discretion with a high level of confidential information.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with senior staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluency in both written and verbal English and French.
- Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office Suite at the intermediate level.
- CHRP designation
- Experience with a payroll system i.e.: ADP
Agility: We thrive in a complex environment that requires nimbleness and adaptability, and we anticipate and respond to changes with quick and resourceful actions.
Inspiring Others: We motivate individuals to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, as we create a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in others.
Integrity: We treat others fairly and respectfully, and we further the standing of the organization and its relationships of trust with our members and other stakeholders.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Coordinates all recruitment activities including creating and reviewing job descriptions, developing internal/external job postings, prescreening applications, developing and preparing draft interview questions; coordinating the assessment process which includes but is not limited to scheduling applicants for interviews, coordinating testing and conducting references. Participates in the interview process as a member of the interview panel. On boards new employees.
- Responds to requests related to human resources from employee and managers such as human resources policies, staffing processes and practices, pay and benefits, the interpretation of the collective agreement and time tracking in ADP.
- Processes bi-weekly pay through the ADP pay system.
- Coordinates and assists with the Employee Recognition Program by leading a committee responsible for coordinating the nomination and selection process and organizes ceremonies which includes the facilities, refreshments and presenters.
- Participates in the Joint Health & Safety Committee. Coordinates ergonomic assessments for staff and ensures that recommendations are reviewed and implemented.
- Graduate from a post-secondary institution in Human Resources Management or equivalent training and several years of experience in human resources.
- A minimum of three (3) years related work experience in a Human Resources role which includes specific experience in full cycle recruitment, working in a unionized environment, employee relations, policy and procedure development, processing payroll and maintaining an HRIS
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Pat Serediuk, Manager, Human Resources before 4pm on July 21, 2020 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.