Medicine Hat College is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic faculty member to provide a supportive and collaborative environment for students within the Department of Business. This is a full-time position commencing July 1, 2020. Subject to successful completion of a two-year probationary period, the position will be a continuous appointment in the Division of Arts, Education, and Business.
Connaissances et compétences
- A master’s degree in accounting, business or closely related field is required
- A professional accounting designation OR PhD degree in Accounting is required
- A demonstrable record and/or commitment to scholarship and research
- 3 years post-secondary teaching experience
- Relevant industry experience is an asset
- Equivalent combinations of industry and post-secondary teaching experience may be considered
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a high functioning, student focused team
- Strong passion and commitment to learners and learning
Tâches et responsabilités
The primary workload will include teaching accounting courses in the business administration diploma BBA degree program. Faculty teaching in the BBA program engage in research and scholarly activities. The successful candidate will be required to engage in all of the professional responsibilities of full time faculty and contribute to an environment that fosters the mission of the College and the success of our students.