Medicine Hat College is seeking a full-time instructor in the Social Work Diploma program. This is a full-time temporary position and, subject to successful completion of a two-year probationary period, will be a continuous appointment in the School of Health and Community Services.
The Medicine Hat College Social Work Diploma is a generalist credential and the successful candidate will be able to share their knowledge and expertise with our students in both onsite in-person and online delivery instruction for a range of courses pertaining to social work practice.
Connaissances et compétences
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers
- Five years’ experience in the Social Work field
- Previous teaching experience is preferred
- Previous experience in Indigenous community supports is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively and to make positive contributions in a team-orientated environment
Tâches et responsabilités
Responsibilities include preparing for and instructing assigned classes, practicum supervision, contributing to ongoing program review and development, and other faculty duties as assigned. The Instructor will work as a member of the instructional team in preparing and guiding students to become professionals in the Social Work profession as well as contributing as a faculty member in the School of Health and Community Services. The Instructor will be responsible for adapting instruction to best serve student learning styles, participating in program and curriculum development, maintaining professional standards and building professional networks in the community, and engaging in discipline relevant professional development.