Find Your Spot at Humber
If you are interested in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
At Humber, our career paths open a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people. We learn and grow together. We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
Humber is a place like no other. Here you will “Find Your Spot” and build a career and future that grows as we grow. In this rich, diverse workplace, we encourage innovation ideas. We support you to find deep meaning and purpose so that you can be proud of what you do and where you work.
Visit www.humber.ca for more information.
Are you ready to influence the future of Continuous Professional Learning in Ontario? Humber College’s Continuous Professional Learning Portfolio is currently seeking a highly skilled, top-tier problem solver as its inaugural Manager, Continuous Professional Learning (CPL).
Reporting to the Dean of CPL, the Manager will be directly responsible for managing the effective implementation and supervision of both the operations and products offered by Humber College’s Continuous Professional Learning (CPL) portfolio.
This role is integral to the implementation of the College’s CPL Collaborative Framework and strategy. The Manager will therefore function within a highly collaborative environment interfacing with individuals and departments from across the institution. The Manager must demonstrate excellent mediation, negotiation, problem-solving and communication skills.
The primary focus of the Manager will be the creation and streamlining of administrative infrastructures and processes in support of CPL business operations. The incumbent will establish positive business protocols and build frameworks, processes and networks to support and oversee the scheduling, data collection, application development, systems maintenance & support functions, client service support, including managing internal and external service level agreements as required by CPL operations.
Connaissances et compétences
- Demonstrated leadership skills to build and implement a business plan, manage, and respond to emerging needs and issues.
- 5+ years’ experience in equivalent role.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to effectively handle interactions with people at all levels of the department, College administrators at all levels, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in operational management, project management, budgeting, human resources, team building, client service and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability managing and implementing major projects, including the development of supporting operational and technological processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in evaluating, installing, and working with student information systems (e.g. Banner, Destiny One). Knowledge of relational databases, data mining tools such as Cognos, SQL, Crystal.
- Knowledge & experience in post-secondary institutional policy and governance. Capable of informing & engaging appropriate College resources as required to achieve successful program development and implementation.
- A strong understanding of college business processes is an asset.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated budget and financial experience.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Creation and streamlining of administrative infrastructures and processes in support of CPL business operations. T
- Establish positive business protocols and build frameworks, processes and networks to support and oversee the scheduling, data collection, application development, systems maintenance & support functions, client service support,
- Managing internal and external service level agreements as required by CPL operations.
- Undergraduate Degree (BCom / BAdmin preferred)
Please apply through our site.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective collective agreements.
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity, and inclusion in a post-secondary environment. Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.