The York University School of Continuing Studies is a diverse community of learning united by a shared sense of purpose: achieving personal and professional growth in a rapidly changing career and educational landscape. Our ability to offer accelerated, accessible, and innovative programs that prepare our students to adapt and lead in response to this change has made us the fastest-growing school in Canada.
The School is home to the international-award-winning York University English Language Institute, one of the largest language institutes in North America. Our students come from around the world to pursue English-language proficiency and achieve their academic goals.
Connaissances et compétences
To be considered for this opportunity, you will bring the following:
- University undergraduate degree in a relevant field (or a combination of an acceptable equivalent of education and experience in domestic and/or international student recruitment)
- 5 years of progressively more responsibility-related strategic experience with emphasis on revenue generation and/or business development within the international student recruitment sector.
- A superior record of generating new business and building/maintaining client relationships in existing and new market sectors; exceptional commitment to customer service
- Experience in ESL student recruitment and business development
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting, developing and finalizing institutional partnerships
- Demonstrated experience in marketing communications and strategy, especially social media
- Hands-on experience moving projects from inception to completion, and knowledgeable in every phase of work from marketing research to strategy development, to objective setting, to performance management, to budget setting, monitoring and maintenance
- Experience in working with CRM systems, large record systems and enrolment systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- A strong understanding of international student markets and trends and an appreciation of the needs of international students and international key influencers
- Proven financial management skills, including the ability to create and monitor project and operating budgets
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams
- Preference will be given to individuals who are capable of doing business Mandarin.
Tâches et responsabilités
Reporting to the Associate Director, International Recruitment & Business Development, the primary responsibility of the Manager, International Student Recruitment is to develop a strong enrolment pipeline within their assigned region (Canada) for English language and professional programs targeted to international students, by developing and implementing an integrated student recruitment strategy comprised of communications, relationship development / maintenance and student enrolment management business plans.
The Manager, International Student Recruitment manages the day-to-day implementation and measurement of all strategies designed to meet established enrolment objectives including managerial oversight of third party agents/representatives; targeted visits and in-market event planning; targeted relationship development; market-specific research and analysis, communications collateral for all channels to increase recruitment and conversion; developing business cases for new relationships designed to meet enrolment goals.
This role requires the person to identify new opportunities for the School of Continuing Studies to enhance its market share and presence and develop proposals for these including coordinating negotiations and developing launch plans for proposals in conjunction with the Associate Director.
This role has budget responsibility and accountability for the region assigned and requires the person to ensure a high ROI for budget utilized. It requires independent decision making on budget allocation and expenditure.
This role requires the person to support the Associate Director with market intelligence on the region assigned (Canada), the sector and the competition.
This role has supervisory responsibility for one employee which is a shared resource.
University undergraduate degree in a relevant field (such as a Business Administration, Marketing, Political Science, Finance or Education) or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and five years experience in domestic or international recruitment with specific experience with international student recruitment and marketing, development programs, or project management.
For full position details, including skills and knowledge requirements, and to apply to this exciting opportunity visit the External Career Portal (www.yorku.ca/jobs) and refer to posting 104065, Manager Student Recruitment.
We offer comprehensive benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more information on what York has to offer U please visit: http://hr.info.yorku.ca/benefits/
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous Peoples and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long-term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.