CALL FOR CANDIDATURE
In order to provide support for its teachers, Cégep Heritage College is seeking to hire two full-time Pedagogical Counselors specializing in techno-pedagogy to join its team who will be part of the new educational support centre for teachers.
Connaissances et compétences
- Autonomy, initiative, planning, organisation.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to deliver multiple projects under tight timelines.
- A strong interest in collaborative work, reading, research, analysis and writing.
- Team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Explicit skills for remote and onsite animation activities with a diverse clientele.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft's Office suite software, including Word, Excel and Outlook (office 365 an asset).
- Excellent knowledge of digital learning environments; functional and applied knowledge in the field of techno-pedagogy and technological applications.
- Ability to design, build and produce techno-pedagogical strategies and tools.
- Knowledge of the pedagogical underpinnings of teaching and distance learning at the College and university levels (an asset).
- Knowledge related to the use of multi-media (relevant software, editing concepts, web-making, etc.).
- Knowledge of the Cégep system would be an asset.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be diligent, dynamic, creative and detail oriented.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to different situations.
- Must have a strong work ethic and exercise discretion.
- Mastery of the French language, spoken and written.
- Functional knowledge in spoken and written English.
Tâches et responsabilités
Under the responsibility of the Associate Academic Deans, the employment includes consulting, animation, information, development, support and feedback to teachers, senior staff and other stakeholders at the College in education, including curriculum, learning and teaching strategies, nature and performance procedures, and success research and innovation. Work in close collaboration with the Department of Information Systems and Technology concerning the use of technology and application tools or solutions at the College.
The incumbent is involved in the coordination, design, development and implementation of activities, programs and peri-educational projects.
Some characteristic attributions:
- Assists teachers, programs and departments in carrying out their teaching responsibilities.
- Collaborates in curriculum management activities: development, implementation, evaluation and revision.
- Designs and facilitates remote and user-focused techno-pedagogical development activities for various categories of users.
- Contributes to the implementation of the support, and supports processes necessary for the implementation of techno-pedagogical projects.
- Documents the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of educational strategies and scenarios using a variety of technologies and applications.
- Supports users in the design and production of multi-media productions as well as in the shaping, editing, publishing and transfer of content.
- Collaborates in the development of technological devices in support of teaching and learning.
- Participates in the techno-pedagogical monitoring to meet the needs of users, the dissemination of knowledge and the carrying out of animation and development activities.
- Collects and analyzes relevant data in each of the programs under its responsibility, writes reports and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Informs and advises staff on various programs to support peri-educational projects as well as the stages of project development and follow-up.
- Advises teachers on the selection and production of teaching materials, particularly in the context of international projects or in the integration of international content into training.
- Performs or supports administrative and training activities related to the management cycle of peri-pedagogical projects (project call, implementation, analysis, balance sheet).
- Collaborates in the organization of teachers' teaching assessment and resealing activities.
- Leads or participates in committees under his/her responsibility.
- Promotes and supports to teachers about the importance of pedagogical or disciplinary research.
- Facilitates and supports the pedagogical reflection of teachers and staff of the study directorate.
- Collaborates in the development of educational applications in line with College’ policies and procedures, and advises the College's teaching staff and management in this area.
- Monitors the implementation of the College's policies, particularly on educational and research policies.
- Performs all other related tasks.
Schooling and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in educational technology, information and communications technology (ICT) related to pedagogy, in teaching at College level, pedagogical project management or any other relevant field related to job description and required skills. A Master’s degree would be considered an asset.
- At least 2 years of experience as a teacher (at the College level would be an asset).
February 25th and 26th, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter stating their motivation for applying and their understanding of this position on line on our College website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/ no later than February 19th,2021 at 4 p.m.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
From our career page, you must click on the job posting, then click on "APPLY". You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests.