Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) is a comprehensive community institution, established in 1966 in Grande Prairie, and our stewardship region includes campuses in Fairview and Grande Prairie, as well as learning centres in Edson, Grande Cache, Hinton and Jasper. GPRC offers a wide variety of credit and non-credit career certificates and diplomas, pre-employment and apprenticeship trades, university transfer studies, and several opportunities for on-campus degree completion through collaborations with four-year universities. As an educational facility in northwestern Alberta, GPRC helps meet the cultural, recreational, athletic and conferencing needs of the region in partnership with the community and regional stakeholders. GPRC is dedicated to providing learners with access to high quality and diverse lifelong learning opportunities, and to the responsible educational, fiscal and environmental stewardship of resources.
What We Offer
GPRC offers lifelong learning opportunities through professional development/wellness programs, a competitive salary, and compensation package and a student-centered culture that is vital to our community. Join our team, grow with us and connect your skills and abilities to our vision, mission and values.
Connaissances et compétences
Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
- Candidates must be able to apply different instructional strategies to meet the needs of students with different learning styles;
- Knowledge of GPRC courses and current educational technologies commonly found in classrooms (e.g., videoconferencing, Moodle) are desired;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Student Focused;
- A solid research focus and foundation;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization; and
- A high level of integrity, professionalism, and accountability.
Tâches et responsabilités
The Department of Physical Education and Kinesiology has an opening for an instructor with a focus on Sports Injuries, Anatomy, Nutrition and other related courses. This position is a Full-time Sessional Appointment for August 15, 2020 to April 30, 2021. This is a tenure track position subject to favorable evaluations and budgetary constraints.
A Master’s Degree is required with a specialization in Kinesiology, Physical Education or Sport Science is required. A Ph.D. is preferred. Teaching experience at the post-secondary level is required.
Only applications received electronically will be considered. Upon submission of CV's, please also include:
- a cover letter;
- reference list;
- a copy of academic transcripts for the highest level of education received;
- a teaching philosophy statement.
To apply, go to http://www.gprc.ab.ca/careers and select the job posting.
We review all applications to select candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For general inquiries, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying to GPRC!