The Organization: College of the Rockies
Located in the spectacular Kootenay Rockies of southeastern British Columbia, the College of the Rockies (“COTR”) combines an exceptional learning experience with an unparalleled lifestyle. Celebrating over 40 years of post-secondary excellence and innovation, as well as a thriving student-centric community, COTR is at the forefront of educational practices and technologies and is committed to delivering a dynamic and enriching experience in support of student learning and success.
To learn more, please visit ORG’s website.
The Opportunity: President
The President is responsible to the Board of Governors for the provision of innovative leadership and strategic direction to all aspects of the academic and business affairs of the College. The President advises the Board and recommends actions to address both current and emerging issues in the field of education, and to ensure COTR’s policies and programs result in the attainment of the long-term goals and objectives of the Board.
Connaissances et compétences
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with government, industry, school districts, and other post-secondary providers; a track record of effective communication, collegiality, and advocacy;
- Knowledge of and involvement with First Nations and rural communities;
- Can work effectively and respectfully with communities and constituents; understands opportunities and challenges associated with managing operations in accordance with the terms of collective agreements;
- Understanding of the new BC K-12 curriculum and how that translates to the college context is an asset;
- Ability to mentor/motivate staff and build strong, effective functional units with a commitment to working in a cross-functional, collaborative way in the pursuit of achieving the College’s strategic objectives.
- A Master’s Degree required, and a minimum of ten years of progressive experience in the post-secondary sector preferred, including substantive experience at a senior administrative level
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Nick Lay or Tony Kirschner
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422