About Keyano College
Keyano College is a comprehensive community institution in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Stretching from north-central Alberta to the borders of Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories, Wood Buffalo is one of the largest municipalities in Canada.
Keyano serves students through its Clearwater Campus and Suncor Energy Industrial Centre in Fort McMurray, Fort Chipewyan Campus, and through our Learning Centres in Fort McKay and Gregoire Lake.
The College meets both the training and skills acquisition needs of industry, and the personal enrichment and cultural needs of the Wood Buffalo community. Keyano provides opportunities for lifelong, relevant and practical learning, and is committed to increasing access to post-secondary programs.
The College offers programs that lead to certificates, diplomas, certificates of qualification (trades), and baccalaureate degrees. The College also supports the development of professional knowledge and skills in several sectors, including energy, construction, business, health and safety, arts, sciences, education, human services, and transportation. A wide range of corporate training options are available to client companies as well as Indigenous Education and Regional Stewardship programming focused on improving access to learning opportunities.
Reporting to the Board of Governors, the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for innovative, visionary leadership and drives the strategic direction for all aspects of the academic and business affairs of Keyano College. The President & CEO is a valued partner in the community, committed to serving the educational needs of the region.
The President & CEO is responsible for the overall operations of the College and is accountable for the effective and efficient management of the human, financial, and physical resources of the college. The President & CEO advises the Board and recommends actions to address both current and emerging issues in the field of education and ensures the College’s policies and programs result in the attainment of the long-term goals and objectives of the Board.
The President & CEO ensures the College maintains a solid financial position in support of the Board’s mandate.
Connaissances et compétences
The President and CEO will bring energy, passion, and commitment in creating strong ties within the region. The ideal candidate will possess broad and diverse experience in senior leadership of large and complex organizations within the public and/or private sectors combined with a solid background in managing large budgets along with diverse human and physical resources. Leadership experience within a post-secondary environment is considered an asset. The incumbent will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be committed to innovation and leading through change.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A graduate degree is desirable. A combination of education and experience will be considered, including academic and business backgrounds.
- Extensive experience managing a large organization and multimillion-dollar budgets. Has a proven ability to manage in all fiscal environments. Familiarity with budgeting processes and fund accounting within a post-secondary institution is preferred.
- Solid track record managing diverse human, financial and physical resources within a complex environment.
- Demonstrated success in increasing revenues through government sources, partnerships, and fundraising.
- Experience working with and reporting to a board.
- A proven track record of being able to create and communicate a compelling vision that gains acceptance and commitment from others.
- A reputation for engaging with all stakeholders; being a visible and active part of their communities.
- Well-developed management skills that foster open communication and constructive decision-making processes; developing conceptual and tactical strategies, inspiring others to address significant challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse organizational issues.
- A strong commitment to and appreciation of academic excellence.
For a more detailed profile visits: https://leadersinternational.com/keyano-college-president/
FOR INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Anurag Shourie or Cecilia Oteiza Ayres
Suite 501 10226 104 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 1B8