Justice Institute of British Columbia:
The Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) is Canada’s leading public safety educator – a public post-secondary educational institution that has earned a worldwide reputation for excellence and innovation. JIBC educational programs and services are delivered to government agencies, community organizations, private corporations and the general public in communities throughout the province and around the world. Each year, the JIBC’s distinctive educational learning model attracts an average of 27,000 students, many of whom return as students throughout their careers.
School of Health, Community & Social Justice:
The School of Health, Community & Social Justice (SHCSJ) consists of two Divisions: Health Sciences Division (HSD) and Community and Social Justice (CSJ). Community and Social Justice Division consists of three Centres: Centre for Counselling and Community Safety (CCCS), Centre for Leadership (CL), and Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR). The School offers a wide range of interdisciplinary programs and courses in counselling and community safety, leadership, conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation, as well as courses and programs in paramedicine and professional health education.
SCSJ seeks an experienced manager with business acumen, an educator’s background (including curriculum development experience and expertise) and a passion for leadership, for the position of Program Manager. Reporting to the Program Director, the incumbent is responsible for managing all aspects of educational program delivery including the development and delivery of tuition-based leadership courses and programs (including training and facilitation courses) targeting learners from the broad spectrum of public and private sectors. The position is responsible for business development for both tuition and contract offerings. This position also provides leadership in the areas of curriculum development, faculty relations and undertakes academic advising for prospective and current learners about courses and programs.
Connaissances et compétences
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar managerial/leadership capacity, preferably in an education setting;
- Proven experience teaching/facilitating adult learners in the area of leadership and facilitation;
- Extensive knowledge and practice of adult education principles and curriculum development processes;
- Proven ability to design, develop and evaluate adult education curriculum and programming;
- Experience with financial management and oversight;
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external relationships, work in a team environment and build rapport and trust;
- Strong collaborative leadership skills;
- Experience managing complex programs and projects;
- Current with theories and trends in conflict resolution and leadership;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and sensitivity working with complex issues;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Tâches et responsabilités
Working closely with the Program Director and in collaboration with Centre and Division staff, this position:
Program Development, Delivery & Management
- Conducts and manages all aspects of program delivery including: business development, needs assessment, course design, development and evaluation, financial management, and day-to-day supervision of faculty relations;
- Conducts program reviews and course evaluations for Centre for Leadership courses, ensuring compliance with JIBC program evaluation policies and guidelines;
- Works with instructors, instructional designers, Indigenous and other communities, and professional associations and organizations, to ensure that courses, programs and products reflect current theory, cultural safety and relevance, use of appropriate educational technologies, best practices and latest in skills development;
- Participates in the drafting and editing of procedures and processes, course and program materials and other content including sign off;
- Provides leadership education subject matter expertise;
- Manages faculty, including recruitment, orientation, training, and performance management.
- Develops annual Centre budget and reports on variances/forecasts for assigned areas of responsibilities;
- Deploys resources to ensure financial objectives for program delivery are met;
- Monitors tuition revenues and expenses and related financial matters and applies mitigation strategies as required;
- Reviews and approves invoices, time sheets, expense claims, and leave forms within area of responsibility.
Business & Client Development
In conjunction with the Program Manager, Customized Training Solutions:
- Develops a strong business model approach to the identification, development and delivery of leadership programs/courses (for both tuition and contract offerings) for existing and new students, clients and markets;
- Provides consultation and direction to students, agencies and organizations seeking assistance and guidance on training and professional development needs;
- Monitors business/sector trends and contributes to the Centre’s business approach;
- Conducts presentations for the purpose of identifying and developing business opportunities;
- Establishes and maintains client relationships.
- Represents the Centre and Division on relevant JIBC, community, board, government and post-secondary education committees;
- Collaborates with other CSJ Centres, JIBC divisions and academies on common program interests;
- Facilitates presentations for stakeholders and potential clients as needed.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (adult education, leadership, training and development);
- JIBC Certificate in Applied Leadership or equivalent;
- Or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please submit your resume/CV, cover letter and copies of academic credentials quoting Competition #19-02 to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 23, 2019. Please visit our website at www.jibc.ca.