As a single-point-access that connects CICan members with the federal government, national associations, non-profits and private sector, Canadian Partnerships create opportunities where partners can gain from members’ industry and academic expertise, and where members can enrich learning and expand employment prospects for their students and actively support economic development nationally, regionally and locally.
Reporting to the Manager, Career-Launcher Internships, the Program Officer is focused on the implementation of Canadian Partnerships programs and projects. Responsibilities include coordinating program and project activities as well as increasing, broadening and deepening
program participation and awareness to CICan member institutions, partner organizations and the public. Canadian Partnerships programs and projects, for example, include work integrated learning (WIL) programs, research and social innovation projects.
As an excellent communicator and problem solver, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the team in all aspects of program and project outreach and delivery, to ensure value to members is realized and contractual commitments with federal government funders and private sector clients have been met.
The work of the Program Officer is reviewed by the Manager, Career-Launcher Internships based on objectives and work plans set annually.
Connaissances et compétences
- organize work effectively and efficiently within a team environment;
- prioritize multiple tasks and demands from team members simultaneously;
- perform various and complex tasks of a responsible and professional nature;
- work under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail;
- have a tolerance for ambiguity;
- provide information, promotion and document design and review services;
- troubleshoot as required and provide innovative problem-solving solutions;
- interact effectively with Association staff, senior and administrative staff from member institutions, government and partner organizations and is expected to maintain these important relationships;
- function with tact, diplomacy, flexibility and autonomy;
- treat everyone fairly and equitably and maintain high ethical standards;
- maintain a good understanding of CICan’s and Divisional goals and objectives, as well as its programs and services;
- perform duties in accordance with CICan’s competencies, values and code of ethics;
- able on occasion to travel domestically.
- fluency in both written and verbal English and French;
- demonstrated understanding of the Canadian postsecondary milieu, focusing on the college/institute
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at different levels;
- high degree of organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- demonstrated knowledge of project management fundamental concepts;
- proficient in managing information and administrative processes;
- demonstrated ability in database management;
- ability to exercise discretion and professionalism;
- demonstrated ability in the design of reports and presentations;
- creative and innovative when problem solving;
- research and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel abilities.
- Proficiency in PowerBI
Agility: We thrive in a complex environment that requires nimbleness and adaptability, and we anticipate and respond to changes with quick and resourceful actions.
Inspiring Others: We motivate individuals to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, as we create a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in others.
Integrity: We treat others fairly and respectfully, and we further the standing of the organization and its relationships of trust with our members and other stakeholders.
Tâches et responsabilités
The Program Officer, Canadian Partnerships will work in both official languages on various Canadian Partnerships programs and projects.
- provide support to the Senior Program Officer (SPO) in the implementation of Canadian Partnerships project and program activities, particularly around data management and monitoring and evaluation, as described in contribution agreements with funders;
- ensure that decisions are followed up in a timely fashion, and that problem areas are brought to the attention of the Canadian Partnerships team;
- utilize, implement, and maintain administrative, communication, financial, and data tracking spreadsheets;
- support SPO in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans,
- support SPO in the preparation of activity and financial reporting
- prepare and copy edit documents, resource materials and correspondence in both official languages;
- provide the SPO, Manager, Career-Launcher Internships and other divisions and teams with statistical and data reports as required;
- translate and review translated documents to ensure accuracy and consistency between English and French;
- coordinate event participation for Canadian Partnerships’ programs, including seeking event opportunities for program participation;
- on milestones, risk factors and successes;
- update and track budgets
- process expense claims
- develop and implement outreach strategies and activities to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including maintaining stakeholder databases and prospect mapping, to promote Canadian Partnerships’ projects and programs with the goal of increasing participation in these programs
- in collaboration with the Communications and Stakeholder Engagement department, support the implementation of communications and promotion strategies;
- Support the organization and delivery of webinars, in collaboration with members and
- perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- graduate from a post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Pat Serediuk, Manager, Human Resources before 4pm on August 11, 2020 via email to: email@example.com.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.