Project Manager, Centre for Explainable Data Analytics (CEDA)
Applied Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Services (ARIES)
JOB ID: J0421-0184
Classification: Temporary Contract Administration
Pay Band: 10
Pay Range: $75,993 - $94,991 per year
Campus/Location: WIMTACH (Wearable, Interactive and Mobile Technology Access Centre) - 305 Milner Ave. / Progress Campus
Shift Schedule: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Posting Date: April 6, 2021
Closing Date: April 20 2021
Note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice.
Contract Duration: April 2021 to April 2023 (with possible extension)
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
Centennial College is an award-winning leader among Canadian colleges for Applied Research, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship and is the proud recipient of four national Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) awards.
Centennial College's Centre for Explainable Data Analytics (CEDA) is positioned to serve the retail sector Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs). Funded by federal government grants, all CEDA research projects are intended to transform SMEs in the development of data analytics technologies for rapid and intelligent business data analysis, leading to innovative product development, technology adoption, new market expansion, and commercialization of new products, services, and processes.
We are actively seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead the start-up and execution of CEDA applied research projects. The incumbent will establish and maintain strong relationships with key internal and industry stakeholders (i.e. college faculty, students, ARIES, business associations, eco-system partners, etc.) to deliver meaningful projects within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, changing environment. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit with proven project management capabilities including planning, designing, monitoring and closing projects in compliance with Natural Sciences Engineering Research Council of Canada requirements.
- Lead CEDA research projects including the supervision of project teams
- Collaborates with CEDA principle investigators, students, staff and industry partners to develop and implement industry/academic applied research projects
- Responsible for all project management activities including: determining technical/business requirements, project plan, scope, timelines, performance, contracts, resources, stakeholders, budget, etc.
- Prepare and implement dissemination activities, including assisting research teams in the preparation of final materials/reports; manage the information for reporting purposes to meet funding requirements
- Identify opportunities and innovative solutions to advance technology capabilities and business strategies for industry clients
- Develop technology transfer strategies to ensure that applied research activities are actionable, including publishing applied research project results Promote and support an environment that encourages productivity, innovation, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism.
- Support the design and implementation of student-focused initiatives to address industry needs for data analytics and AI talent
- Act as the point of contact for escalations and other issues as required
- Work with CEDA principal investigators to codevelop the data analytics and AI vision and implementation methodology that defines value-added offerings to the industry by the CEDA
- Engage with GTA ecosystem partners through active participation at promotional events, to position CEDA as a key contributor to facilitate economic growth and social impact
- Develop industry-related seminar series, workshops, tools, and events
- Assist with follow-up activities with industry clients or funders as required
- Four (4) year post-secondary degree in Software/Computer/Electronics Engineering in technology and/or equivalent education combined with relevant project management experience required
- Five (5) years progressive relevant industry experience; four (4) years’ experience working with research organizations and/or the academic community
- Proficient Microsoft Office computer applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Microsoft Project and Visio a definite asset
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology related to Data analytics and AI project initiatives
- Proven project management experience in fast-paced, highly diverse, and ever-changing work environments
- Proven leadership and coaching ability to support team and partner development
- Proven written, oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex information
- Possesses strong relationship building and interpersonal skills; able to engage with senior leaders
- Flexible and adaptable to change; able to work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Familiar with provincial and federal research funding guidelines and start-up innovation organizations
- Innovative thinker who thrives on learning and identifying new opportunities
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by April 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J0421-0184. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).