Reporting to the Director, Strategy, Governance and Research, the Senior Program Officer – Information Management will play a leadership role in achieving the goals set forth in the CIConnex Action Plan as CICan moves forward into full integration of CRM into its business strategy and business practices. This includes collaborating with the team to develop foundational business processes for the CRM, elaborate data definition, conduct user onboarding and training. The incumbent will work closely with staff at every level of the organization to understand business needs, identify gaps, document common issues, and develop solutions that consider both best practices and corporate culture. The incumbent will also gather feedback from staff and provide updates/reports to the Director of SGR to share with senior management.
In relation to training, the employee will lead a creative training program focused on skills upgrading for existing users and ensuring new users are onboarded with the full technological skill set to be ready to successfully integrate into CICan’s processes and workplans. This includes developing focused and interesting training materials that will ensure clear, consistent, and efficient reference material for end-users of CIConnex and collaborate to supporting other platforms such as ClickDimensions, ISO, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams. Also includes tracking the distribution of CRM licenses and ensure access to all. The Senior Program Officer – Information Management will support CIConnex Governance such as the CIConnex Steering Committee, by scheduling meetings, drafting agendas, recording minutes and contributing to productive decision-making processes based on relevant information regarding the CIConnex Action Plan. The employee will participate in related working groups and the ClickDimensions Community of Practice. The employee will support research and develop strategies and recommend solutions to business challenges. The employee will collaborate with technical, management and other project team members to drive a far-reaching and transformative organizational change agenda.
The employee must understand CICan’s goals, and priorities. They must also understand CICan’s Information Strategy. This position requires leadership skills as well as an adherence to the highest ethical standards. Strong organizational, interpersonal, diplomacy and communication skills coupled with a high degree of professionalism, political acumen and sound judgement are essential. The ability to manage frequently changing and competing priorities and effectively manage limited availabilities at the senior level is vital as is an aptitude for cross-team collaboration, work planning, and general administration. Generating ideas and creative problem solving are key components of this position.
The employee must be familiar with the Canadian educational milieu, have knowledge of member institutions’ operations and capabilities, the diversity of their mandates and structures, the environmental contexts within which they operate.
Connaissances et compétences
- Demonstrated ability using a CRM system.
- General knowledge of related Microsoft technologies (Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, ClickDimensions, Power BI, Office 365 including SharePoint and Teams)
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience leading change management initiatives in a small to mid-size organization.
- Strong technical aptitude, curiosity and the ability to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team, effectively manage multiple priorities and solve complex problems
- Must possess excellent organizational skills coupled with strong analytical and quantitative background
- A thorough understanding of web portal, collaboration and social networking technologies.
- Experience working with committees and working groups.
- Knowledge of the college system in Canada and familiarity with national issues in postsecondary education.
- Strong communication skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and ability to work across multi-functional teams.
- Excellent knowledge of project management approaches, tools and processes.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and French.
Agility: We thrive in a complex environment that requires nimbleness and adaptability, and we anticipate and respond to changes with quick and resourceful actions.
Inspiring Others: We motivate individuals to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, as we create a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in others.
Integrity: We treat others fairly and respectfully, and we further the standing of the organization and its relationships of trust with our members and other stakeholders.
Tâches et responsabilités
The Senior Program Officer will:
- Play a leadership, consulting and problem-solving role with the SGR team and Colleges and Institutes Canada staff;
- Interact effectively with CICan staff, senior and administrative staff from member institutions;
- Demonstrate the ability to function with a significant level of flexibility and autonomy, performing various and complex tasks under pressure with attention to detail;
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and maintain cordial and respectful relationships;
- Make efficient and strategic recommendations;
- Provide result-based and problem-solving solutions for the SGR team and CICan as a whole;
- Demonstrate sound judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Prioritize and organize work efficiently using good project management practices and processes;
- Treat everyone fairly and equitably and maintain high ethical standards;
- Perform duties in accordance with CICan’s competencies, values and code of ethics;
- Create detailed documentation of functional, system (non-functional), user and reporting requirements, including use cases, logical models, process flow diagrams, report specifications and data mapping and flow diagrams;
- Perform profiling and analysis of data from source systems;
- Maintain the CRM project release schedule and monitors progress on data governance initiatives;
- Support the Data Management Working Group and Stewards Group in meeting implementation milestones;
- Support quality assurance and control efforts through data analysis;
- Support the coordination of status meetings and produces progress reports.
- Graduate from a post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of education and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Pat Serediuk, Manager, Human Resources before 4pm on September 28, 2020 via email to: email@example.com.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.