Planning for Canada, an initiative of Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan), is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and is designed to enhance immigrants’ readiness for economic and social integration. Our pre-arrival services, delivered worldwide, provide prospective Economic Class (federal and provincial skilled workers) and Family Class immigrants and their dependents with in-person and online services including i) group information sessions, ii) individualized planning sessions, and iii) customized referrals to organizations in Canada. Services are provided in English, French and local languages, via field offices in India, and the Philippines and by an Online Global Team.
Connaissances et compétences
- demonstrated expertise and capacity in research analysis, and evaluation techniques;
- experience in the preparation of work plans and analytical reports;
- demonstrated competence in the planning and implementation of program-based activities;
- practical experience with evaluating and monitoring large-scale, multifaceted international projects and programs;
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders and at various levels of organizational hierarchy;
- experience in strategic planning, preferably as it relates to project/program management;
- demonstrated research, analytical and writing abilities in the preparation of reports, concept papers and/or proposals;
- experience in quantitative data analysis;
- demonstrated understanding of the college system in Canada and awareness of the role colleges and institutes play in immigrant labour market integration;
- demonstrated leadership, decision-making and problem-solving capabilities;
- high degree of organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- fluency in both written and verbal English and French;
- ability to write at a professional level with the capacity to adapt tone to purpose and target audience;
- demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate Excel).
Desirable Abilities and Experience
- international work experience;
- demonstrated experience and/or study in the fields of Monitoring and Evaluation;
- understand of Canadian of immigration policies and programs and labour market information;
- intercultural competencies;
- experience in front line service delivery; and
- experience working in a virtual team.
Core Competencies Agility: We thrive in a complex environment that requires nimbleness and adaptability, and we anticipate and respond to changes with quick and resourceful actions.
Inspiring Others: We motivate individuals to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, as we create a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in others.
Integrity: We treat others fairly and respectfully, and we further the standing of the organization and its relationships of trust with our members and other stakeholders.
Tâches et responsabilités
- play a leadership, consulting and problem-solving role with the PfC team, partners, stakeholders and Colleges and institutes Canada staff;
- interact effectively with CICan staff, senior and administrative staff from member institutions, partners and external agencies;
- demonstrate the ability to function with a significant level of flexibility and autonomy, performing various and complex tasks under pressure with attention to detail;
- demonstrate the ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and maintain cordial and respectful relationships;
- make efficient and strategic recommendations;
- provide result-based and problem-solving solutions for PfC program and services;
- demonstrate sound judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- prioritize and organize work efficiently using good project management practices and processes;
- perform duties in accordance with Colleges and Institutes Canada’s competencies, values and code of ethics;
- be able to travel, domestically and internationally
- graduate from a post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Pat Serediuk, Manager, Human Resources before 4pm on June 19, 2020 via email to: email@example.com.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.