Reporting directly to the President and CEO of Portage College, the Vice President Academic (VPA) is the senior academic officer for the College and is responsible for the outcomes achieved for all programs and courses at the College.
The VPA will join the College as a member of the Executive Committee. Working closely with the President, the VPA will coordinate the Institutional Management Agreement (IMA) for all programs, including Academic Upgrading, Business, Health and Wellness, Hospitality, Continuing Education, Environmental Sciences, Human Services, Native Arts and Culture, Trades and Technology and University Transfer.
The VPA is also responsible for applied research, program development services, program quality assurance and the College library.
Connaissances et compétences
- Strong leadership skills to guide, inspire and support staff, faculty and students across campuses, and the ability to build a culture that supports our values of collaboration, inclusion, success and accountability.
- Knowledge of Indigenous ways of knowing and experience working with Indigenous communities, organizations and culture.
- A commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Familiarity with the post-secondary system in Alberta, governance structures, Board of Governors, collective agreements and bargaining.
- Broad knowledge of various academic disciplines and the program offered at our institution.
- Knowledge of program design, implementation and evaluation methods.
- Outstanding skills in communication, negotiation and problem solving, and demonstrated successes in strategic planning and fiscal management.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Strategic planning for the development and growth of programs and service delivery.
- Responsible for the overall quality of courses and programs, ensuring programs meet appropriate educational standards for accreditation, transfer, program review and renewal.
- Develop and establish positive relationships and collaborations with clients, communities, stakeholders and other institutions.
- Create partnerships and facilitate a collaborative approach to delivery of programs.
- Work with fellow Executive Committee members to develop and implement College-wide strategic plans and budgets.
- As an executive member, actively participate at Board of Governors meetings and on other committees.
- Build, sustain and celebrate relationships with faculty and staff and promote healthy employee and labour relations.
As the VPA, you will have a PhD or Master’s Degree along with several years of work experience in the post-secondary sector in the areas of instruction, administration and planning.
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Danielle Hessler, VPA Search Consultant, at 780-402-1412.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.