Reporting to and acting as a key advisor to the President and Vice-Chancellor, the Vice-President, Finance and Administration (VPFA) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) plays an integral role in the strategic leadership and management of financial and administrative support services for MacEwan University. The incumbent will provide sound and progressive leadership over a diverse range of key functions including finance, information technology, campus services, human resources and facilities services.
The Vice-President serves as chief financial officer and plays a key role on the University’s Executive Council. The Vice-President will also serve as an executive resource to the University’s Board of Governors and, working with the President, will provide advice, support and information to the Board, as well as to key contacts of the Board, including government, as well as institutional partners and community organizations.
The Vice-President has a clear vision and the capacity to drive innovative change to advance the University's position. This important role also has the responsibility of overseeing the financial, accounting, fiscal aspects of operations, financial controls, supporting information systems of the University and associated risk management, in order to ensure the current and long-term effectiveness and sustainability of these functions, in support of the University’s mission and strategic priorities.
The Vice-President’s portfolio consists of five key administrative units that support the academic goals and mission and vision of the University:
Finance - Responsible for all finance services including budget and resource planning, finance administration services, financial services, project management office, and expense procurement and contract services.
Information Services - Responsible for all Information Services including ERP application and support, integrated information and communications systems, IT compliance and security, IT operations and infrastructure, and privacy and information management.
Campus Services - Responsible for the effective and sustainable retail and campus services business model that provides exceptional services to students and staff, and positive financial performance, including conference and events services, early learning at MacEwan, hospitality services, residence services, retail services, Roundhouse, sport and wellness, transportation services, and print and mail services.
Human Resources - Responsible for all human resource services including employee and faculty labour relations, employee services, HR information systems, organizational design, benefits, payroll, organizational development, and staff training and learning.
Facilities - Responsible for all facilities services including administering and coordinating the planning, design, building, operating and maintaining of university facilities and overseeing the campus land development strategy.
ABOUT MACEWAN UNIVERSITY
MacEwan is the third largest university in Alberta and we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in 2021. We are Edmonton’s downtown university. We are a hub of creative, scholarly and cultural activity at the heart of the city – building, sharing in, and contributing to Edmonton’s growth and prosperity.
MacEwan University, recognized under the Post-secondary Learning Act as an undergraduate university, inspires students through a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences. The university offers a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching and providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
In 2018/19 the university realized revenues of $251 million in serving a diverse group of learners. Over 19,000 full- and part-time students (12,751 FLE) were enrolled in 48 programs in the following major areas of study: business, communications, health and human services, humanities and social sciences, music, nursing, physical sciences, and theatre. www.macewan.ca
Tâches et responsabilités
For a copy of the in-depth job description, please go to Opportunity Profile.
The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be committed to innovation and leading through change. They will be a confident leader who demonstrates a commitment to the values of MacEwan University and operates with an innate sense of honesty, integrity, and fairness. In addition, the ideal candidate will have proven accomplishments in the following areas:
- They will have broad and diverse experience in senior leadership of large and complex organizations within the public and/or private sectors. Solid exposure to the post-secondary sector is considered a strong asset. A strong background in financial stewardship, information technology, campus services, facilities, and human resources is required.
- They will have solid relevant academic preparation including a relevant Chartered Professional Accounting designation (CPA).
- They will focus on the future and be able to lead through change and ambiguity by taking initiative to create opportunities that transform MacEwan University, the post-secondary system, the whole community and the Alberta economy.
- They will execute on plans and drive key business processes to optimize business performance.
- They will demonstrate sound judgment, business and financial acumen in all levels of decision-making and can coach and inspires others throughout the organization to do the same.
- They will innovate and lead change. They will question the status quo and make changes to improve processes and systems across the organization. They will support a culture of research and inquiry, showing openness and building excitement around new possibilities and opportunities.
- They will be a connector and collaborator building strong relationships both internally and externally to the institutions.
- They take pride in developing people and culture and in building capacity for the future success of MacEwan University. They thrive in a team environment working towards achieving its highest potential.
Interested parties are requested to submit a one-page cover letter and their personal resume/CV to Ardyce Kouri or Angela Karwal. Send resumes to Edmonton@leadersinternational.com. Electronic submissions are preferred; however, faxes may be forwarded to (780) 426-2936. For further information, please call Leaders International at (780) 420-9900.