Vice President Strategic Enrollment Management
An exciting career opportunity for an innovative academic leader committed to student success, who can participate in senior decision-making at Centennial College while providing strategic direction for the administrative and operations-related functions for a large department, multiple departments or programs (collectively known as a ‘division’) within the College through the leadership of AVPs and/or Directors.
About Centennial College
Over the past 50 years, Centennial College has transformed itself from a local community college to a worldly institution, with a presence in countries like China, India, South Korea and Brazil.
Our focus has always been on preparing graduates to enter the work force, while teaching our students to be leaders. We’ve worked to build lasting partnerships with local communities, while preparing our graduates to succeed globally.
Locally, we continue to offer industry-recognized full- and part-time programs at four Toronto campuses. Whether in our classrooms, our labs or the community, Centennial student experience the real world before they even graduate. They're job-ready, and that's a fact employers have told us, as more than 94 per cent of those hiring Centennial grads are satisfied or very satisfied with their hires.
As a leader in internationalization, we’ve done extensive work teaching international students. At the same time, we are enabling more Canadian learners to have an international adventure, be it completing a semester in Spain, an internship in South Africa or a Global Citizenship learning experience in the Amazon Basin.
We believe a Centennial education is an education without borders, because the world has changed, and so have we. We’ve re-created our College, giving ourselves a unique position in the marketplace and the world. We are now prepared for the next set of challenges: To be more innovative and entrepreneurial, to further exploit the benefits of technology, to creatively engage our employees, to build more bridges with communities and employers and to see our graduates do meaningful work and have meaningful lives.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
About The Role
As Vice-President of Strategic Enrollment Management, you will play a vital role by providing divisional strategic leadership, and working in close partnership with the President and other Vice-Presidents to ensure alignment in strategic planning and oversight of the College for the achievement of the corporate mandate and goals.
Accountable for conveying and translating the vision, mission and values of the College within their divisional portfolio and aligning the direction and strategic outcomes to operational / portfolio strategies through inspiration, motivation and role modeling. Actively accountable for the creation of a Centennial-wide culture of social justice, equity, inclusivity and decolonization, fostering agile and collaborative ways of working across the College and sector. Integrates and balances data analytics and evidence-based practices along with experiential knowledge to inform decisions and guide and direct complex, or unique problems relating to planning, coordinating, and operating major functional areas of the College. Accountable for fostering a culture of co-creation empowerment, institutional effectiveness, agile and innovative ways of working, through the creation of interdisciplinary and intradisciplinary focus on creative problem solving. Accountable to align SEM (Strategic Enrolment Management) outcomes to ensure student success and continuous improvement, integrated domestic and international recruitment, oversee marketing and branding, SEM (Strategic Enrolment Management) governance and alignment of strategic and operational plans with SEM (Strategic Enrolment Management), and optimize the student journey in line with enrolment targets.
This position will set the direction and strategic alignment of Centennial’s organizational brand and marketing.
- You will also establish and maintain effective SEM governance structures (clarifying responsibilities and accountabilities), decision-making processes and a well-curated, accessible, data governance and dashboard approach to ensure more effective forecasting capabilities, reaching of enrolment targets, student progression and success
You will set the direction and strategic alignment of Centennial’s organizational brand and marketing by establishing and maintaining a clear internal and external brand promise for the College, underpinned by a robust brand policy, and strong, effective communications with prospective students. Among other priorities, you will lead and strengthen the internationalization agenda in partnership with other VP stakeholders (i.e. People & Equity, Academic, Student Experience & Success, Industry, Employment & Community Relations, Finance, Business Development & Corporate Services, etc.). Accountable for the strategic leadership and management of administrative and operational functions for a division, exercising delegated authority for fiduciary, policy and programmatic decisions.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate for the position of Vice President – Strategic Enrolment Management
- A Post-Graduate degree in a relevant field (Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Administration; certification in data governance)
- A minimum of 13 years’ experience in administrative and financial management, goal and strategic setting, a track record of innovation and impact on an institution-wide scale, senior management experience, or combination of education and relevant / lived experience.
- Well versed in matrix and horizontal leadership with substantial experience building and empowering inter/intra relationships in achieving outcome-based solutions
- Demonstrated capabilities to act as a spokesperson and promote and represent their portfolio as it relates to three and seven year planning and college outcomes, effectively addressing highly critical and politically sensitive and controversial issues
- Demonstrated respect and experience in leading through the lens of social inclusion, internationalization, decolonization and equitable practices that foster progressive stakeholder discussions and relationships as well as culturally relevant programs and competencies
- Experienced in building a culture of accountability, driving institutional effectiveness (e.g. analysis, communications, alignment and leadership development) and evidence-based decision-making
- Able to analyze complex situations and drive practical and innovative solutions
- Proven excellent organizational skills in balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Extensive knowledge, expertise and background in enrolment management, higher education administration specifically in terms of comprehensive internationalization and academic product promotion
- Demonstrated intercultural competency necessary to broker and build global relationships coupled with an ability to articulate a compelling rationale for comprehensive internationalization that tightly aligns with an institutions vision, mission and strategy
- In-depth understanding of and experience in overseeing the stewardship of strategic international partnerships and alignment with institutional strengths
- Well-versed in and comprehensive knowledge of the student experience particularly those who have experienced systemic barriers through their education journey
To apply to this high-impact administrative mandate in higher education, submit your application to Phelps at email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. Application deadline: May 18th, 2021.
401 Bay Street, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4
Phone: 416 364 6229