Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job status: Full-time
Classification: PS I
Reports to: Manager of Operations, Caribbean and Anglophone Africa (YAW–K–TVET)
Division: International Partnerships
Salary Range: $50,961 to $62,370
Posting Date: January 14, 2020
Closing Date: January 22, 2020
Competition Number: 2020-02
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to the Manager and Ottawa-based Senior Technical Advisor (STA), and project-related support to staff. The Administrative Coordinator supports the development, planning and implementation of YAW-K-TVET including providing support for the development of work plans, budgets, research, reports/briefs writing, preparing presentations and coordinating day-to-day work. Arranging travel insurance and other related documents for YAW-K-TVET staff, consultants and participating colleges and institutes is a critical aspect of this position.
The Administrative Coordinator will:
• provide support to the Manager, STA and team with organizing meetings, workshops and conferences including, but not limited to, travel arrangements, itineraries, agendas, minutes, and reports,
• provide administrative support in the preparation of reports, research studies, correspondence, contracts and other documentation,
• assist in formatting annual work plans, budgets, reports, core documents (Logic Model, Performance Measurement Framework and Risk Register) handbooks, manuals, workshop materials and other documents, if and as required,
• assist in the preparation of the Financial and Narrative Reports for final approval by Finance and Manager,
• work with the YAW-K-TVET Finance Officer on solving challenges/problems/discrepancies regarding financial issues,
• assist in the preparation and verification of expense reports,
• communicate with colleges and provide information as needed,
• assist in the preparation of documents for financial processing, budgets, statements, claims and financial reports,
• provide graphic and technical support in the preparation of documents,
• assist in the draft preparation and formatting of college contracts,
• assist in formatting and updating operation manuals and work templates,
• perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience
• Graduate from a post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
• A minimum of 2 years of office experience Experience in database management and conducting internet research.
• Good communication, organizational and interpersonal abilities;
• Knowledge of financial and accounting processes;
• Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate Excel).
Agility: We thrive in a complex environment that requires nimbleness and adaptability, and we anticipate and respond to changes with quick and resourceful actions.
Inspiring Others: We motivate individuals to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, as we create a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in others.
Integrity: We treat others fairly and respectfully, and we further the standing of the organization and its relationships of trust with our members and other stakeholders.
• Fluency in both written and verbal French;
• Knowledge of the Canadian college and institute system;
• Ability to provide website support;
• International work experience;
• Knowledge of results-based management (RBM).
• A complete benefit package
• Generous group RRSP contributions
• Great work environment with flexible hours
• 4 weeks vacation;
• Time off with pay between Christmas and New Years
• Summer hours
• Generous paid time off package including paid sick time, medical/dental appointment leave and family sick leave)
• Corporate discounted gym membership
• Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Kim Royer, Manager, Human Resources before 4pm on January 22, 2020 via email to: email@example.com.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
CICan provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise me if you require any accommodation.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.