Fleming is located in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes Region in Central Ontario... a beautiful place to live and work, surrounded by natural beauty and a mere 90 minutes north-east of Toronto. The College’s 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, including hundreds of international students from countries around the world, attend at campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton and Cobourg. Fleming offers more than 100 full-time programs in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Fine Arts, General Arts and Science, Technology, Skilled Trades, Community Development, Health, Business, and Justice as well as other Continuing Education courses. We are also extremely proud of our more than 73,000 Fleming alumni who are contributing to their communities in the region, across the province and around the world.
Working collaboratively with the Dean, faculty and staff, the Academic Chair, School of Continuing Education develops and implements goals and objectives in alignment with the College’s Strategic and Academic Plan and is responsible for the providing academic leadership and management of the School’s day-to-day operations, including development and implementation of strategies to support viability and growth in both domestic and international markets.
The Chair provides leadership in academic processes, including new program development, program review, quality assurance, and external accreditation processes (where applicable) ensuring a focus on the needs of students and employers in the labour market. They also contribute to the development of the School budget and multi-year capital plan. The Chair is responsible for participating in Program Advisory Committee meetings and the implementation of outcomes, as related to School of Continuing Education.
The Chair recruits, supervises, and develops faculty and provides leadership and direction for workload assignments of the School. Through exemplary leadership, engagement, mentoring, support and communication, the Chair models the values of responsiveness, innovation, collaboration, inclusiveness and accountability that are inherent in the Strategic plan. The Chair participates on various cross-College committees, and, in collaboration with the Dean, seeks out, and fosters partnerships with industry, the community and other educational institutions.
Knowledge and Skills
- 9 years of solid, progressive academic leadership and business management experience, with the ability to establish credibility with academic and business partners in a wide range of fields.
- Proven success in domestic and international academic business development, including contract negotiation, funding proposal development, writing business cases and RFP submissions.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound financial decisions based on budgetary analysis to maximize profitability and effective capital utilization..
- Knowledge of effective utilization of technology to enhance efficiency and excellence in service delivery.
- Relevant post-secondary teaching experience, including curriculum design, development and delivery, and Academic quality assurance.
- Supervision and development of professional staff within a unionized setting, including a leadership approach which fosters a positive working environment.
- Ability to be nimble and problem solve operational challenges.
- Open-minded, responsive and approachable with proven academic leadership abilities.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with ability to connect the big picture to operations.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including mediation, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, budget and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and foster a collegial, collaborative work environment and empower direct reports.
- Deep commitment to equity and diversity with demonstration of promoting a respectful and inclusive workplace environment.
- Ability to promote a positive work environment through honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour consistent with Fleming’s core values.
- 4 year degree in Business or Education; MBA or equivalent is preferred.
How to Apply
To apply to Fleming College career opportunities please visit http://www.FlemingCollege.ca/Careers.