Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of a Team Lead, you will:
• Enhance, maintain and support Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s ERP System (Ellucian Banner)
• Independently troubleshoot, analyze, scope, design, test and implement solutions to complex business, application code and data problems
• Design, develop, maintain and support web and mobile applications
• Design and conduct unit, functional and integration testing for new and enhanced applications
• Interpret, document, and present information in a manner easily understandable by management, clients and colleagues
• Participate in projects and initiatives in advisory and ‘technical expert’ roles
• Maintain a high level of education, knowledge and expertise in application development and programming technologies
• Ensure compliance with ITS guidelines, policies and procedures with regard to the project framework, development standards and change management processes
• Provide mentorship and guidance to team members
1. Two year Diploma in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Five years of progressive experience within an enterprise information technology environment in application development.
3. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle, programming languages, and application development technologies and methodologies.
4. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of relational databases, data access and query methods, and database management systems and tools.
5. Effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
6. Creative thinking with abstract thought, and ability to translate business needs and requirements into technically innovative solutions.
7. Effective communication and facilitation skills.
8. Effective interpersonal skills.
9. Effective organizational and time management skills.
10. Ability to work independently on multiple initiatives and to manage priorities and deadlines.
11. Ability to collaborate and work well in teams with a high level of initiative and motivation.
12. Demonstrates valuing diversity.