Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean (AD) is to provide academic leadership to Schools and programs within their Centre to promote excellence in teaching and learning and to foster a culture of scholarly activity. The AD has responsibility for the development, redevelopment, delivery, and assessment of programs and curriculum to meet an exceptional standard of excellence. The AD provides support and mentorship as the direct supervisor to employees. The AD supports employees in their professional development and scholarly activity to ensure delivery of a consistently high quality learning experience.
The Associate Dean works with the Dean and other academic colleagues to establish and implement Centre, School, and program goals and objectives to enable an institutional culture of excellence in teaching and learning as well as scholarly activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Development and monitoring of strategic and operational plans for designated areas of responsibility.
• Innovative solutions to complex problems while ensuring compliance to college policies and procedures.
• Management and mentoring of centre employees.
• Work with Chairs and Faculty to develop and maintain curriculum in the Centre.
• Supporting program development and implementation.
• Supporting student success by working with students, staff and faculty members, and, as required, address performance and/or academic issues.
• Innovative ideas and approaches for new projects and entrepreneurial activities.
• A minimum of five years’ experience leading, managing and coordinating the work of employees within a unionized environment.
• Proven ability to prepare and monitor budgets in a post-secondary environment.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership and the management of change initiatives.
• Proven ability to supervise and provide leadership to employees within a post-secondary environment.
• Proven success with employee development.
• Strong emotional intelligence and conflict resolution skills with the ability to connect and communicate with people while demonstrating patience and compassion.
• Excellent analytical, research, and problem solving skills.
• Extensive development and leadership of program planning and administrative work in higher education.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering the principles of learners with a history of championing student success.
How to Apply
Apply online by visiting the following link: