The School of Health Sciences offers exceptional health and wellness academic programs at the certificate, diploma and degree levels. The School of Health Sciences is currently seeking an Associate Dean (Nursing Programs) who brings a passion and enthusiasm for nursing practice and student success, combined with a commitment to academic and administrative excellence.
This position is one of two Associate Deans in the School of Health Sciences and is responsible for the 4 year Bachelor of Science Nursing degree (offered in collaboration with the University of Alberta) and the 2 year Practical Nurse program with approximately 550 students between the two programs. There are upwards of 60 faculty and staff working in the nursing programs.
Under the direction of the Dean, the Associate Dean provides academic and administrative leadership and works directly with students, faculty and staff to facilitate and promote a culture of academic success and life-long learning. The Associate Dean works to coordinate academic and administrative operations ensuring superior quality and integrity of academic programs; actively participates and leads program and curriculum planning, development, and implementation; contributes to school level operational planning; manages the day-to-day operations of the nursing programs; recruits exemplary faculty and staff; facilitates and coordinates key program initiatives; collaborates and participates with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and collaborative partners; and contributes to the overall success of RDC. The Associate Dean also plays a significant role and actively participates in the development and implementation of new academic programs and the ongoing review of existing programs.
The successful candidate will possess strong emotional intelligence and conflict resolution skills with the ability to effectively connect and communicate with others. They will have responsibility to recruit, develop, mentor and evaluate faculty members; determine and assign workload and special projects; ensure consistency with learning outcomes, assessment and delivery of curriculum; manage and respond to student concerns and issues; and manage projects related to program and School need. The Associate Dean will also serve on relevant program, school and institutional committees.
Knowledge and Skills
- Eligible for registration with the College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- Masters Degree in Nursing, other Master degrees may be considered
- Minimum 5 years experience proven excellence in teaching
- Proven success developing, implementing and assessing curriculum and educational programs
- Minimum 3 years progressively responsible academic leadership experience in a complex, unionized environment that includes the direct supervision of faculty and staff
- Able to maintain and inspire professionalism when working with others
- Demonstrated achievement in scholarly activity
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, research, critique and problem solving skills
- Proven capacity to manage change and a demonstrated ability to drive innovation
- A team player with an inclusive leadership style that inspires trust and confidence
- Proven ability to promote a positive environment through honesty, integrity, and ethical behaviour consistent with the core values of Red Deer College
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the pedagogy of post-secondary education and the trends & issues impacting professional nursing practice
- PhD prepared from a recognized institution with at least one graduate degree in nursing is strongly preferred
How to Apply
Note: Red Deer College will only accept applications for this job through the original job posting found on our Employment website. To view the original job posting and to apply today, please visit: http://employment.rdc.ab.ca/postings/2476