The Incumbent provides broad academic leadership to the collaborative Bachelor of Science Nursing program, offered in partnership with Laurentian University, on the three campuses of St. Lawrence College in Kingston, Cornwall and Brockville. As well, provides academic leadership in the ongoing development and launch of the St. Lawrence College stand-alone Bachelor of Science Nursing degree (F21).
Ensures the objectives of the program are attained through effective management of teaching and learning processes and performance measures. Incumbent manages program compliance with federal and provincial regulatory bodies and legislation related to program delivery and clinical placement. Facilitates the on-going review of existing program delivery in coordination with Laurentian University and the three other partner colleges and works with Laurentian University to phase out the collaborative program. Under the criteria of the CASN accreditation leads quality assurance requirements of BScN programming including assessment, planning and compliance management and reporting. Works with external and internal partners to ensure successful launch and phasing in of the stand-alone BScN degree. Builds and maintains positive relationships with the health care sector in all communities served by St. Lawrence College.
Develops effective communication strategies to ensure exemplary tri-campus program operations. Participates in College’s student recruitment and job placement initiatives. Operationally responsible for the budget, that includes identifying problems, problem solving, developing solutions and providing recommendations to the Dean and Financial Services. Conducts investigations of complaints from students and staff and initiates the problem-solving process. Leads the development and implementation of student success, student development and career development initiatives for the collaborative programs on the three campuses. Works closely with the Dean of Health Sciences in Kingston and the Campus Deans of Brockville and Cornwall in all aspects of program delivery to ensure coordination of staffing, scholarship, timetabling, clinical placement and student success initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree in Nursing and RN designation. PhD is preferred. A record of peer-reviewed scholarship required. A minimum of 9 years of progressive leadership experience which includes teaching and curriculum design experience. Management experience will be preferred. Experience with accreditation and quality assurance processes.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of educational administration, management, budgeting, adult education and curriculum development required
- Ability to provide sound academic management and support of people and resources including performance management, implementing administrative controls and processes, ensuring the efficient utilization of resources, leading ongoing program review and development
- Well-developed understanding of business and financial processes, including the management of a complex budget
- Ability to operationalize strategic initiatives
- Appreciates and supports the use of relevant technology, online learning and alternative delivery methods
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Proficient in project management
- Demonstrated success in motivating others, managing performance and building cohesive teams required
- Effective interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills to engage people at all levels
- Conflict resolution, negotiation, lobbying and advocacy skills
- Engage, motivate and support faculty and staff to ensure open communication, positive change and the highest levels of individual and team performance
- Foster a student-focused learning environment
- Well organized and confident
- Ability to work in a self-directed and team environment
- Flexible and positive, with an open, collegial, collaborative leadership style
- Highly efficient within a multi-tasking environment
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
Normal office environment, which may also require some telework as needed and the ability to travel to other Campuses as required.
As this is a tri-campus position, the successful candidate may work from the Kingston, Brockville, or Cornwall Campus as a headquarters location. The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to a work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
SALARY AND TERMS:
Administrative Group: Pay Band 13: $102,207 - $136,274 per annum. In addition to the salary and benefits, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
Hours per week: 37.5
Start Date: Immediately
Posted Date: April 15, 2021
Closing Date: May 5, 2021 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
This competition will be processed in accordance with College policy, the Academic and Support Staff Collective Agreements. In addition to comparing candidates’ qualifications and experience to the listed technical skills, education, work experience, and personal characteristics (values, attitudes, motivation, and performance), the seniority of Bargaining Unit members will be considered. If the search extends beyond the Bargaining Unit, consideration will be given to accumulated service with the College. (Remove this paragraph for administrative positions)
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact email@example.com and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.