Are you a creative visionary looking for a unique opportunity? Do you want work that makes a difference, where you can make a difference?
SAIT is looking for an Associate Vice-President (AVP), Marketing to lead the development and execution of our brand and marketing strategies. The institution is embarking on an ambitious four-year Strategic Enrolment Management Plan and this position will be mission-critical to its success.
The AVP will bring a fresh and innovative approach to SAIT’s student recruitment and onboarding. Your expertise and work will position SAIT as a global leader in applied education, and a preferred choice for students, industry professionals and partners.
Your Mar-Tech skills enable you to deliver both the practical and the possible and you leverage technology to drive customer acquisition and respond to real-time opportunities.
You draw on your creativity and marketing experience to make SAIT stand out - establishing a distinctive position for the institution. This includes developing an understanding of SAIT’s customers based on market research and insight; thorough knowledge of SAIT’s products and services; and an ongoing familiarity with the competitive landscape.
Reporting to the Vice-President, External Relations, the AVP works closely with the deans of SAIT’s schools and with many directors across the institution. As important as your technical skills, this position requires an inspiring leadership style and a collaborative communication approach. You have a proven ability to cultivate strong relationships and productive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; you are sought out to work with and you are known for finding synergies across areas and projects.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledgeable of trends and best practices in marketing, including digital marketing, advertising, and targeted stakeholder marketing
- Deep understanding of the MarTech landscape and how to leverage technology to drive customer acquisition and retention
- Expertise in defining and implementing marketing processes across an organization
- A creative visionary – ability to think strategically and translate between strategy and tactics
- Innovative and growth-oriented mindset
- Strong collaborator and facilitator
- Excellent communication, and conflict management skills; team builder with a focus on building and maintaining an environment of mutual trust and respect
- Critical thinker and problem solver; strong analytical skills
- Strong advocate: ability to influence and “sell”
- Goal and results focused
- Financial management skills
- Strong service orientation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop SAIT’s overall marketing strategy and plan, aligned with SAIT’s strategic plan and SAIT’s Strategic Enrolment Management plan
- Ensure SAIT attracts sufficient applications for all types of learners – full-time, apprentice, corporate training and continuing education
- Define and establish a performance management system to continually monitor Marketing’s performance based on defined metrics
- Define and maintain SAIT brand in all communications and promotional material which is shared with internal and external stakeholders. This includes maintaining the visual identity guide
- Provide marketing strategy services to the Schools and Academic Departments and various functions across SAIT. This includes oversight into the creation of department specific marketing plans and initiatives.
- Lead and mentor Marketing staff, cultivating a culture of collaboration and focus on results within the department
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders and understand internal constituents’ needs and goals
- Coach and counsel leadership at all levels on marketing roles, benefits, capabilities, services and tools
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders including media buyers, advertising agencies, research firms, etc.
- Coordinate SAIT’s purchase of marketing support services including creative services, media buying and advertising space
- Adhere to and maintain expenditures so they are aligned with the approved budgets for the Marketing department
- Minimum of a Degree in Marketing, or related field combined with at least ten years’ marketing experience in progressively senior positions
- Hands-on marketing leadership experience in either the private or public sector, with experience in marketing post-secondary education a definite asset
- Experience in leading a marketing department within a complex organization
How to Apply
Please apply through our career page: