Cégep Heritage College is located in Gatineau, Québec, next to the National Capital Region’s Gatineau Park. It is the region’s only public, tuition-free, English-language college, offering innovative and personalized instruction across 19 Career, Pre-University and Continuing Education programs in its modern, state-of-theart facilities. Cégep Heritage College is a vibrant multicultural institution with 220 staff serving more than 1,500 students. It delivers educational programming that fosters extraordinary student-teacher interaction, student leadership and entrepreneurship, intercultural dialogue and engagement, and high-caliber athletics.
Cégep Heritage College is currently seeking the services of a full-time regular ASSOCIATE ACADEMIC DEAN.
Under the supervision of the Academic Dean, the Associate Academic Dean is responsible for managing the dossiers related to Regular Education and Continuing Education including resource allocations, supervision of non-teaching personnel, preparation and management of budgets, community liaison and other administrative duties related to Continuing Education. Furthermore, under the supervision of the Academic Dean, the Associate Academic Dean also plays a key role in academic planning, the orientation, professional development and evaluation of both Regular Education and Continuing Education faculty. The Associate Academic Dean works closely with other services within Academic Services, Student Services, and the Registrar’s office, Human Resources, Department Coordinators and all members of the senior management team.
The Associate Academic Dean also assists the Academic Dean in other project management dossiers in his/her area of expertise.
The Associate Academic Dean will supervise a team composed of teachers, several Professionals and several Support Staff employees. The team in Academic Services includes the Academic Dean, two (2) Associate Academic Deans, five (5) professionals and ten (10) support staff employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main areas of responsibility of the Associate Academic Dean include:
- Provides leadership and support for the development, evaluation, revision and implementation of programs, actively promoting and facilitating an integrated program-based approach.
- Works closely with the Academic Dean and other Directors in the development and implementation of the College Strategic Plan and the annual work plan.
- Provides academic and pedagogical support and information to faculty, departments and program committees.
- Provides leadership and support for the development and implementation of pedagogical projects, research and other special projects, and the implementation of information technology for teaching and learning.
- Oversees the professional development of faculty through individual and collective activities, research projects, and workshops.
- Generates clientele projections and actively contributes to the student registration procedure.
- Plans and develops the staffing process, and ensures proper application and reporting of teacher workloads.
- Works in collaboration with the Registrar for the preparation of course schedules for faculty (in Clara).
- Participates in the selection and ensures the orientation of new faculty.
- Ensures that faculty are evaluated in compliance with College policies.
- Ensures the application of the Institutional Policy on the Evaluation of Student Achievement (IPESA).
- Ensures academic departments and/or program committees prepare and implement annual plans and provide the College with reports of their activities and continually develop their programs.
- Works closely with Department and Program Coordinators and other faculty to ensure understanding, obtain feedback and achieve consistent implementation of College academic policies, Ministerial requirements, new initiatives and local decisions.
- Oversees the overall requirements of the Information Technology sector to ensure proper software and hardware is in place to support the Campus’ academic and operational needs.
- Collaborates with the IT Director at College Administration to ensure effective use of common resources and effective planning in IT.
- Works collaboratively with the Academic Dean on the development and follow-up of institutional dossiers.
- Shares in the continued development of procedures and practices linked to the institutional policies and develops or revises related local academic policies and procedures, as needed.
- Contributes actively to the development and implementation of Quality Assurance Measures being instituted by the Academic Dean.
- Takes responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of the management of academic programs.
- Participates in the Academic Forum, the Academic Senate, the Senior Management Meeting, and other relevant committees of the College such as Faculty Labor Relations Committee.
- Represents the College on external bodies, as required.
Library and College Laboratories
- Participates in the selection and ensures the orientation of personnel working in the Library and in all College Laboratories (Nursing, Electronics, Chemistry/Biology and Physics, Computer Science).
- Ensures that all Library and Laboratory personnel are evaluated in compliance with College policies.
- Manages all personnel working in the Library and in all College Laboratories.
Entire Sector of Activities
- Represents the Academic Dean on certain committees if required.
- Work collaboratively with other Service Directors and other College personnel.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of the annual work plan and of the departmental budget.
- Assists in the preparation of the departments’ capital budget (investment, renovations, furniture), and submits recommendations.
- Assists in ensuring the implementation and the application of policies and procedures related to his/her sector of activities.
- Supports and evaluates employees with regard to work integration, training and development, and working conditions.
- Prepares and submits requisitions for material.
- Assists with the College emergency procedures and any policies or procedures related to his/her sector of activities.
- Applies various laws and regulations related to his sector.
- Performs all other related duties, as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority. To hold a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline will be considered an asset.
- Must have at least three (3) years of related teaching experience, preferably at the College level.
- Experience in budget management and in the management of educational projects is required, including experience in supervision of personnel.
- Experience in a Continuing Education context would be considered an asset.
- Possess practical skills and experience in the management of teaching resources and workloads using educational technology.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in the use of technology in a Windows environment with the Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to work in a self-directed team environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to make relatively complex financial calculations with accurate results.
- Bilingual in English and French (written, comprehension, and spoken).
- Must possess a collaborative approach.
- Must possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Mastery of issues related to educational development.
- Excellent skills in personnel management, as well as in team development and coaching.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to deliver multiple projects under tight timelines.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the Cégep system would be an asset.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be diligent, dynamic, creative and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to different situations.
- Must have a strong work ethic and exercise discretion.
How to Apply
Date of Posting:
November 1st, 2022
Closing Date for Applications:
November 20th, 2022 at 11:45 p.m.
Salary and other benefits commensurate with the Regulation respecting certain conditions of employment of senior staff of general and vocational colleges for a Class 7 position with a salary scale ranging from a minimum of $83,475 to a maximum of $111,298 per year.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé and cover letter stating their motivation for applying and their understanding of this position on line on our College website in the career page at http://www.cegep-heritage.qc.ca/manitou/ no later than November 20th, 2022 at 11:45 p.m.
Please note that only Online applications will be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates will be required to submit to selection tests. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Cégep Heritage College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, Indigenous peoples, members of visible and ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities.