Competition #: 946
Department: Seneca Business
Location: Newnham Campus
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date: April 1, 2020
Posting Dates: January 14, 2020 to February 2, 2020
Reporting to the Dean, Seneca Business, the Chair is responsible for providing academic leadership and management to the School of Accounting and Financial Services. The incumbent works as part of the Administrative Leadership Team in the development and implementation of the Schools’ strategic initiatives that are aligned with and aimed at achieving Seneca’s long term objectives (Strategic Plan, Strategic Mandate Agreement, Academic and Business Plans) while ensuring quality program delivery and student success and achievement are at the forefront of decision making.
Knowledge and Skills
- Nine (9) years related administrative experience, preferably in the School’s discipline, or a combination of post-secondary teaching experience, and progressive work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic excellence and student success.
- Demonstrated leadership competency within a diverse, unionized work environment.
- Effective communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed public relations and relationship-building skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Academic Leadership in program and strategic planning
- Primary contact for Seneca departments and community partners on day-to-day operations of the School in order to achieve both operational and strategic effectiveness.
- Works collaboratively with staff, faculty and chair colleagues on the development and implementation of Seneca’s strategic initiatives.
- Oversees the planning, generation and accuracy of curriculum development for course/program planning and delivery, while ensuring that all programs conform to Seneca, the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU), and industry/accreditation standards (where applicable).
- Takes measures to create and support an equitable and positive work and learning environment for staff, faculty and students.
Student Success and Related Supports
- Principal contact for problem solving and / or mediating academic level disputes involving faculty/staff and students that are not resolved at the faculty/staff level.
- Supports access to services for students with health and/or other related issues that impact student learning and success.
- Fosters positive, ongoing relationships with students and alumni.
Research and Innovation
- Facilitates an applied research culture within the School and supports faculty and student participation in activities related to applied research.
- Stays abreast of new developments in teaching and learning and emerging educational technologies as well as advancements in their program field(s) of study.
Resource Management: Human, Financial and Physical
- Recruits, develops and performance manages staff/faculty; including conducting performance reviews, overseeing the Faculty Development Portfolio process, managing workloads, reviewing professional development plans, and implementing related employment laws.
- Supports, coaches and mentors full-time and contract faculty and support staff to achieve the School’s operational plans.
- Participates in the integrated planning and budgeting processes for their School(s) in collaboration with Dean and Chair colleagues.
- Facilitates linkages between Schools, other Faculties, other College departments, and other institutions that serve to enrich program offerings.
- Participates in external events and outreach activities that will benefit both the School and Seneca.
- Master’s degree in Business, with knowledge Accounting and/or Finance.
How to Apply
Note: A skills assessment test may be administered during the recruitment process.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially indigenous persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.