Under the supervision of the Director General and supporting the Senior Management Team, the Communications & Marketing Manager is responsible for information management and internal and external communications, publicity and marketing in all its forms. Chairing the College’s Operational Marketing Committee, the incumbent supports the mission, vision and goals of Cégep Heritage College in both the regular and continuing education sectors. The area of responsibilities also includes acting as Secretary to the Board of Governors, and managing the College’s archives. The incumbent may also be called upon to work on institutional documents, reports, memoirs or others documents.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or a diploma of collegial studies or an attestation of studies in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related field which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience, including experience in writing, proof-reading and editing.
- Knowledge and experience working with social media.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to deliver multiple projects to tight timelines.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in the use of technology in a Windows environment with software such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe.
- Experience in a wide variety of communication vehicles and styles.
- Fluently bilingual, in both official languages, French and English.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in English and French.
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills in various genres: minutes, resolutions, bylaws, policies, and procedures, marketing advertisements; press releases, etc.
- Knowledge and experience working with design software (Illustrator, InDesign, MS Publisher) and other online tools is an asset.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be diligent, dynamic, creative and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to different situations.
- Must have a strong work ethic and exercise discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities
The area of responsibilities of the Communications & Marketing Manager includes:
Information, Communications, Publicity and Marketing
Is responsible for all the publicity and marketing activities.
Chairs the College’s Operational Marketing Committee and is an ex officio member.
Manages the development and/or the choice of promotional tools for the College to ensure their quality and consistency.
Seeks out opportunities for public relations for the Director General and other spokespersons, which will position the College in a role of leadership.
Develops and implements the College’s communications and marketing plan in collaboration with the members of the Operational Marketing Committee. This includes overseeing the development of documents, collateral material and publicity in line with the College’s mission and vision.
Oversees the College’s presence in Social Media.
Organizes press conferences.
Manages the College’s Website.
Secretary to the Board of Governors
Prepares agendas, resolutions and supporting documentation for meetings of the Board of Governors, Executive Committee, and other Board committees, as required.
Records proceedings of the aforementioned bodies, undertakes appropriate follow-up action and manages related records.
Advises and otherwise assists Board and Executive Committee Chairs and members, as required.
Assists the Director General and senior administrators with projects.
Develops and coordinates special projects, for which the responsibilities may include, but are not limited to identifying project requirements and establishing project framework and timeline.
Represents the College on institutional committees.
Collaborates in the development of statutes, policies, procedures and all other documents.
Collaborates in the development of annual work plans.
All other related duties.
Bachelor’s degree or a diploma of collegial studies or an attestation of studies in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related field which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
How to Apply
Click on the job posting, then click on "APPLY". You will be able to create an account and upload your resume and cover letter.
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
N.B.: Candidates may be required to submit to selection tests. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.