Portage College is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Social Work team at the Cold Lake campus as a Community Social Work Instructor. This is a full-time term position starting March 2020 until on or before March 2021.
Visit our website for more information about this job opportunity and to learn more about our social work program.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with rural, northern and Indigenous communities will be considered a definite asset.
- Current registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW) or must be eligible for registration.
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and previous experience working in Indigenous communities would be considered a definite asset as the program has related coursework.
- Adult teaching/tutoring experience would be considered beneficial.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management System would be an asset.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, is essential.
- Some travel and a flexible schedule is required for organizing and supervising practicum visits.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check and drivers abstract
Duties and Responsibilities
Our Social Work program is a two-year diploma that combines social work theory and practice to better prepare our grads for work in the human services field. A key part of the Social Work program at Portage College is the experience and learning gained from a 420-hour supervised field practicum and 30 hours of integrated seminar time in each year of study. The Social Work program is offered at our campuses in Lac La Biche and Cold Lake. Key responsibilities include:
• Classroom facilitation
• Prepare and delivery of Registered Social Work sessions.
• Assist in organizing and supervising student practicums.
• Assist in managing and evaluating student progress during practicum
Master’s degree in Social Work in addition to several years’ experience in field of social work
How to Apply
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.