ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College is recruiting a Coordinator to contribute to the success of the College’s University Transfer program. Reporting to the Dean, Foundational Learning, University Transfer, and Arts, the Coordinator has the dual role of representing College policies, guidelines, and procedures and as a member of faculty, providing leadership and guidance to support the implementation of quality programs.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Faculty Association, our instructors have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days (42 vacation days/year plus other paid time off), participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong focus on learner experience and success.
- Strong program planning, development, and administration skills.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Strong human resource management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with diverse internal and external groups.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with MS Office suite.
- Experience instructing adult learners at a postsecondary institution would be beneficial.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Systems (LMS) would be an asset.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and communication of programs consistent with Portage College’s provincial mandate and strategic vision, mission, and goals.
- Support faculty and staff in delivering quality services by fostering a positive culture with a growth mindset through innovation, creativity, and effective practices focused on continual improvement.
- Uphold high academic standards by supporting best practices for adult learning following principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and accessibility protocols.
- Collaborate with program coordinators and colleagues and develop networks with faculty and programs in other institutions to achieve program goals.
- Oversee and make recommendations regarding program schedules, instructional workloads, delivery modalities, and space utilization.
- Manage and review program budgets and forecasts following accountability practices.
- Promote and support a culture of research.
- Collaborate with marketing and student recruitment team to promote Portage College’s university transfer programs as a first-choice option.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in a related discipline.
How to Apply
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.