Champlain College Saint-Lambert is seeking the services of a regular, full-time DEAN, ACADEMIC ORGANIZATION.
Reporting to the Director of Constituent College, and working in close collaboration with other senior managers in areas such as the Academic Dean (Curriculum & Faculty Development), Student Services and Human Resources, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of teaching allocation (hiring proposal), the operation of the Registrar’s Office and Academic Organization, as well as, the student promotion and recruitment for the regular day sector.
Knowledge and Skills
Must possess five (5) years of relevant work experience, including teaching experience at the CEGEP level and previous managerial experience.
Effective communication skills in both English and French, oral and written.
Proficiency with computer applications, particularly with computerized pedagogical management systems.
A thorough knowledge of the CEGEP system including the faculty collective agreement and Règlement sur le régime des études collégiales (RREC).
Demonstrated professionalism, discretion and respect of confidentiality in management of all matters.
In addition, the incumbent should:
- be analytical and effective at decision making;
- be successful at planning and identifying priorities;
- possess effective communication skills;
- have demonstrated an ability in problem solving and collaboration;
- have proven leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management of the Allocation of Teaching Resources
- Projection of clientele, workload distribution and hiring proposal;
- Production and transmission of data to respond to government requirements as well as statistical data for internal needs;
- Management of the teaching budget (masse salariale).
- Overall management of the Registrar’s Office and Academic Advising while ensuring the application of the relevant portions of government regulations, Champlain bylaws and policies including the policy on substitution;
- Student recruitment;
- Production and transmission of information required for the approval of Diplomas (DECs) and attestations (AECs) for Regular Day and Continuing Education sectors;
- Accurate collection, recording, verification and timely transmission of all student data required for obtaining Ministerial funding (SOCRATE);
- Management of the departmental budget.
Oversee the operations in Academic Organization
- Scheduling of faculty master timetable, end of semester exams, and classroom allocation;
- Pedagogical management system (CLARA);
- Support for development, evaluation and revision of academic programs and policies such as the Institutional Policy on the Evaluation of Student Achievement (IPESA) and Institutional Policy on the Management of Academic Programs (IPMAP), particularly through the provision of relevant data;
- Diplomas and certifications (Regular Day and Continuing Education);
- Course selection, course changes, dropouts, program changes and readmissions.
Student Success Plan
- Production, implementation, communication and revision of the Student Success Plan.
Other Managerial Responsibilities
- Application of the relevant portions of government regulations and College policies such as the Règlement sur le régime des études collégiales (RREC), the Institutional Policy on the Evaluation of Student Achievement (IPESA);
- Development of relevant policies and procedures;
- Representation of the college on a variety of committees and organizations, internal and external.
Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of schooling in an appropriate specialization such as Science or Business Administration.
How to Apply
In conformity with College policy, notice is hereby given that the above-mentioned position is now open
Champlain Regional College is an equal opportunity employer and invites candidates to signify their belonging to groups targeted by the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies
Please submit your curriculum vitae and presentation letter, in English, no later than MONDAY, JANUARY 20, 2020 at 8:00 A.M. to:
Director, Human Resources
Please be sure to indicate the posting number (2019-20-LAM-01) in the email subject line.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.