Reporting to the Senior VP Academic, the Dean, Faculty of Health and Wellness provides vision, leadership, strategic planning, and management direction to faculty and staff responsible for academic operations in the Schools assigned as areas of responsibility. The Dean works collaboratively with a team of senior administrators to realize the strategic plan of the college. The incumbent supports and ensures an exceptional student learning experience in health care related programs by advancing academic priorities in teaching & learning, the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Applied Research and partnerships. The incumbent represents the College and Schools externally and, in collaboration, undertakes partnerships and fundraising for the Schools. The Dean facilitates college-wide coordination of strategic initiatives, monitoring college-wide results and participates in the development and approval of academic, enrolment management, human resource and operating budget decisions.
Knowledge and Skills
Education and Experience:
A Master’s Degree or PhD in a health sciences related field. 12 years of progressive experience including leadership responsibilities with evidence of leading others towards innovation and excellence. The ideal candidate will possess experience in teaching, curriculum and program development, students’ assessment from a learning outcomes perspective, academic quality assurance, and budgeting. Experience in the recruitment, management of human resources, development and performance management of staff. Experience with the development of new projects and programming will be preferred.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of andragogy/adult learning strategies and commitment to academic excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to foster an inclusive, diverse environment that supports and sense of belonging for all faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated support for/knowledge of, digital learning strategies and academic quality assurance.
- Demonstrated ability to support innovation in teaching and learning and evidenced based practices.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a collegial, collaborative work environment that supports learning centered principles/delivery and encourages open communication and creativity.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships and partnerships with municipal, community and health care groups.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to diffuse/resolve conflict.
- Highly developed advising/counselling skills and ability to resolve problems/disputes and facilitate success strategies for vulnerable students.
- Effective communication skills (written/verbal) with proven ability to motivate, lead and manage people.
- Well-developed understanding of business financial processes and systems, including management of a complex budgeting process.
- Ability to develop and/or implement campus objectives that are consistent with the College’s strategic directions.
- Reliable problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in project management, negotiation and advocacy.
- Understanding of staffing/employment processes, including recruitment, selection, training, development and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to understand diversity issues.
- Highly efficient within a multi-tasking environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
SALARY AND TERMS:
Administrative Group: Pay Band 15
Hours per week: 37.5
Pay Range: $127,503. - $170,003. per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
Posted Date: October 7, 2020
Closing Date: October 20, 2020 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Apply
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.