Working at Lambton
Lambton College is located on the beautiful homeland that is the traditional territory of the Ojibwe, Potawatomi and Odawa First Nations. The College is a post-secondary leader with more than 13,000 students from 20 countries around the world, Lambton has an established a reputation as a global leader in education, training, and applied research. The College is also recognized for achievements in technology, health, international programming, indigenous learning, social projects, and emerging sectors such as esports and renewable energy.
Lambton College has an innovative workforce and employees enjoy a thriving, growing and changing environment exceptionally positioned for success.
Global and National Leadership
In 2018, Lambton College was ranked as the #1 Research College in Canada and continues to be named among the country’s best in this area. The College’s innovative Enactus team has also received global recognition for their life-changing projects, and have claimed an Enactus World Cup and two National Championships in recent years.
A Renewed Campus
Recent investments of $79M in capital additions, spaces and facilities for staff and students has resulted in the newly upgraded Centre of Excellence in Energy & Bio Industrial Technologies and the construction of two world-class buildings: the NOVA Chemicals Health & Research Centre and the Athletics & Fitness Complex.
Under the guidance of a new Strategic Plan, Lambton College celebrates students, staff, and community with a heightened vision to challenge boundaries in a world shaped by the impending Fourth Industrial Revolution. Five core values, Innovation, Caring, Quality, Vitality, and Diversity are central to the new plan. Intended to communicate elements of the Lambton experience, the new values were selected to represent core strengths of the College.
Lambton graduates are among the best in the world, and the College currently holds the highest employer satisfaction rating in the province, demonstrating the quality of academic programs designed to prepare talented graduates for a world of rapid transformation.
Employees of Lambton College are incredibly valued and part of a transformative adventure. They enjoy an engaging and vibrant culture where they are encouraged to realize their full potential via development opportunities and accessible, supportive employee wellness initiatives. Each member of the Lambton community works together on a daily basis to deliver the College’s mission to ensure student and community success.
The School of Health, Community Services & Creative Design
The School of Health, Community Services & Creative Design encompasses a wide variety of diverse programs. The School works closely with a variety of community and academic partners and supports a number of applied research projects. With the construction of the Nova Chemicals Health and Research Centre, there is significant opportunity to grow Lambton College’s health and community services program footprint both for our community and for Ontario.
The Dean Role
We are seeking a forward-thinking, highly relational and creative individual to lead the development of new learning pathways that are flexible, innovative, and reflective of the changing needs of today’s workplace and will help us adapt to the changing trends in how people want to learn. Reporting to the Vice President Academic & Student Success, the Dean works with an inspirational team of administrator’s, support staff and faculty to realize our Colleges strategic objectives, mission, vision and values.
This is a full-time Administrative Staff position with remuneration in the Band 14 salary range of $113,019 to $150,691.
Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of eight years progressive leadership experience preferably in the field of Education or Healthcare.
- Preference given to individuals with an established and successful track record as a scholar, educator, and visionary leader.
- Accomplishments demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrated business acumen developed through the leadership of entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Significant experience with budget development and human resource management.
- Knowledge of adult learning, curriculum and program development, student retention and engagement strategies is required.
- The ideal candidate has exceptional relationship building skills, role models excellent listening skills, empathy and self-awareness.
- Significant experience building cultures that encourage collaboration, creativity, innovation, social accountability, and a diversity of opinions.
- Successful track record building coalitions and working collaboratively to successfully lead and sustain transformational change.
- Experienced leader who displays confidence, objectivity, and enthusiasm in leading teams and appreciates the challenges of an environment that encompasses education, research and clinical training.
- Experience and success in leading a number of system-wide initiatives.
- The ideal candidate is an authentic leader with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourages and supports an entrepreneurial mind-set that promotes innovative thinking so that the organization can be agile in responding to a dynamically changing environment.
- Charged with conceptualizing, preparing and submitting proposals for new health, community service and creative design related academic offering.
- Continuously improve the infrastructure that supports research and other scholarly activity including new design modalities that meet the needs of a rapidly changing world.
- Oversees the programmatic accreditation, development and implementation processes of health, community services and creative design
- Provides academic and administrative leadership, supervision, support and direction to the faculty, administration and support staff.
- Works collaboratively with the Vice President Academic & Student Success and faculty in implementing and evaluating academic operations, research, service and patient care programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that the all course/program standards conform to external accreditation and licensing requirements are responsive/relevant to the needs of students and the community at large and according to the college’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for championing intercultural literacy and the ability to create inclusive environments for students, staff and community partners.
- Ensures the efficient and effective use of fiscal and physical resources; makes recommendations in the best interests of students, staff, and the college.
- Master’s prepared in a related discipline.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: www.lambtoncollege.ca under “About us…Employment at Lambton”
DATE OF POSTING: 2020 01 31 CLOSING DATE: 2020 02 21
Position to commence April/May 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under Lambton College’s Employment Accommodation Policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
In support of a diverse and inclusive college community, Lambton College welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including indigenous persons, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.