Medicine Hat College is seeking an innovative and strategic leader to fill the role of Dean, Trades and Technology. Located in one of the sunniest places in Canada, the many advantages of living in Medicine Hat include affordable housing, the lowest combined tax rates in Canada, many recreational facilities and parks, more than 115 kilometers of trails, and excellent centres to enjoy the performing and visual arts.
Reporting to the Vice-President Academic and Provost, the Dean is an integral member of the management team, and is responsible for providing educational leadership and management for the School of Trades and Technology’s comprehensive portfolio of academic programs:
- Apprenticeship training (Automotive Service Technician, Carpenter, Electrician, Heavy Equipment Technician, Plumber, Steamfitter/Pipefitter, Welder)
- Built Environment Engineering Technology Diploma
- Power Engineering Diploma
- Information Technology Diploma
- Aviation Management
The Dean will provide visionary leadership by developing action plans using applied research and innovation to update, plan and implement programs and courses that maintain currency and relevancy to our region.
Responsibilities also include general administrative duties such as the recruitment and supervision of Trades and Technology faculty and staff and developing and implementing the school’s budget.
Known for our focus on students - and our innovative and collaborative nature – Medicine Hat College proudly serves over 8,000 learners each year. Committed to the communities of southeastern Alberta, Medicine Hat College is a learner-focused provider of quality education, training, and services. Operating with a culture of excellence and numerous benefits, the College is a great place to work, learn and grow. MHC is a proud member of Campus Alberta and welcomes partnership that benefit our students and communities. To learn more visit www.mhc.ab.ca.
Knowledge and Skills
- Journeyman and red seal trade; undergraduate and/or post-graduate degrees preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and work experience in fields relevant to the faculty programming (8-10 years.)
- Strong experience in applied research, program development, curriculum development (face-to-face, online and blended) and curriculum evaluation are assets.
- Exceptional knowledge of industry regulations, requirements and their application within a post-secondary institution, policies, principles and practices of post-secondary systems and government regulations.
- Must have supervisory and leadership experience to support a dynamic team.
- An equivalent combination of related post-secondary education and relevant work experience may be considered